Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ 2100kg towbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon, 69 dat 1000(delco powered)
Hi Folks

Im looking to fit a second hand 2100kg towbar to the VZ wagon (2005), and my initial searches have not yet turned up one. Plenty of the lighter duty units about but no 2100kg ones so far.

In order to widen the search, will the 2100kg units from VT-VZ fit? Ive seen some 2100kg units for VT/VX about the place.

I know that the bolts under the bumper are the same. Its the extra brackets that go under the wheel well or how the towbar pokes through the bumper that might be different.

My VT towbar goes under the bumper, and the existing 750kg towbar on the VZ goes through the factory cut square hole. Is this just a function of the size of the bumper and the towbar tongue is located in the same place?

Cheers

reubs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon, 69 dat 1000(delco powered)
Anyone got any feedback?

If I can just but a 2100kg bar from anything between 99-2005 (VT-VZ) then its a much easier process to find a second hand unit.
Ill also be fitting a tranny cooler, so if I can find a genuine towbar with genuine towing kit installed, then Ill steal that as well.