Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Aclaim Wagon

Premier 350

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Aclaim Wagon
I'm about to buy a '05 VZ Acalaim Wagon, 78,000 K's. All original.
My questions are.

1) Any potential weak points ?
2) Chipping, intake mods, exhaust mods , any thoughts ?
2) After market shocks any thoughts ?

My goal is to for minor mods for a bit of extra poke, and and improved handling.

Thank you for your input.

Bathurst 07. Lousy result, but at least Ambrose free !

muney

On Da West Side
Reaction score
Members Ride
SVZ wagon
im also in the market for a wagon..an SVZ if i can get one..pretty darn rare..but worth the wait IMHO

do these engines suffer the same ill fated rear main leak like the ecotec..i hope not..my driveway is full of oil leaks from my VT from the rear main :bang:

vy-346

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T 6A & VH-ZXA
I'm about to buy a '05 VZ Acalaim Wagon, 78,000 K's. All original.
My questions are.

1) Any potential weak points ?
2) Chipping, intake mods, exhaust mods , any thoughts ?
2) After market shocks any thoughts ?

My goal is to for minor mods for a bit of extra poke, and and improved handling.

Thank you for your input.

Bathurst 07. Lousy result, but at least Ambrose free !

hey mate, still pretty low k's so you should be right. There isnt any weak points in the car if you use it how it was intended to be used. Though there may be some clunking in the diff, software bugs in the dash these are all common and not much to worry about. At the moment there are some good results from ecu tunes, exhaust and 2nd hole mod for the alloytec that will give you some extra go if thats what you want.. i personally dont think theres much point in spending thousands on modding the v6 though.

vy-346

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T 6A & VH-ZXA
im also in the market for a wagon..an SVZ if i can get one..pretty darn rare..but worth the wait IMHO

do these engines suffer the same ill fated rear main leak like the ecotec..i hope not..my driveway is full of oil leaks from my VT from the rear main :bang:

no thank fark they don't have the dreaded rear main leak, i havent had any leaks and havent heard of any that have. :thumbsup:

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
Acclaim Sedan, ex NSW Police car from the country, has done 106 000 kays. Only issues have been a damaged power steering hose which has only happened recently (shes going in this week to be fixed).

I dont know the cars history 100% because Holden wont release the info to me, but they have told me its had a problem free life so I'll choose to believe them. Theres no evidence of any oil leaks or anything like that.

Only other issue was the gearbox was a tad clunky but I had a transmission service done on Saturday (so new oil and filter) and its calmed it right down. I would imagine a slightly more tougher life then a normal car, and probably exposed to more heat then a normal car due to heavy footed driving on occasions and hotter then city outside air temps wouldnt have helped the cause either. The service schedule says to do the service at the 105 000 kay service anyway but Ive noticed the difference.

But Ive had it now for 15 000 kays and apart from those nothing has gone wrong, the car looks 100% :thumbsup:

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
my 2004 vz wag has had 2 door lock motors replaced and for some reason cracks it front door protector strips..my warranty is up so fingers crossed