Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Adventra dash top oil gauge not working

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Like the topic says. Any ideas how to diagnose if it's the gauge or sender? I put a scan tool on with no codes showing but the dash does go mental every time I start the car with the 'your car is going to explode' alarm and 'service vehicle soon' popping up on the dash.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
Think I read somewhere else if it isn't working its more than likely the sender because of the SVS alarm.
But the no code is the interesting part.
Would think if it is the gauge there would be no error as it would still be sending the correct signal just not reading?

On the other note, can you see any live readings via the scantool or any other way?

Sure you are scanning it correctly and haven't accidently plugged it into your car radio by mistake :p

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
yeah. Unfortunately oil pressure is not supported on the obdII bus from the car (aparantly). Scantool says it supports it from it's end.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Suggestions:

1. Take vehicle to a Holden Dealer and get them to plug in their Tech 2 reader/diagnostic device for a cost $120.00+

2. Take vehicle to local Auto Workshop and if they have an OBD2 scanner get them to check for any Error Codes (discuss or negotiate and costs prior to having checks performed).

3. If you are a member of an Auto Club (RACV, NRMA, RACQ, RAA etc) call them and they should have OBD2 scanners on board their vans. They are not quite Tech2 standard but generally much better than the cheaper ebay type that many purchase.

Good luck.

RIP 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ sedan
if you have "service vehicle soon", ill bet you need a new oil pressure switch.

macca234

Reaction score
Members Ride
'06 VZ SS 6L
When I installed my gauges the oil pressure didn't work. No codes, no warning lights, nothing. Replaced oil pressure switch and it works perfectly.

Probably cheaper replacing that than having holden scan it and decide you need a new everything