Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz after market pioneer.

Boyle

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz commodore
I have a aftermarket single din pioneer head unit to be put into a 05 vz and after plugging it all into the original radio plug with plug adaptors it drains the battery. Is there a right way into wiring these up ?or is it because I should be running the earth black wire up to metal somewhere in the dash ? someone must have had this same problem.

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
Pretty sure you have to swap the red and yellow wires in the harness adaptor. you are probably loosing your saved settings every time you turn the key off aswell.

Boyle

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz commodore
Do you mean the red wire connects with yellow and yellow with red ? yeah and every time I switch off ignition it looses all memory too. I don't know if the black earth also gets connected up to a metal point in the car for example in the radio cavity in the console somewhere.

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
yes just cut the red and yellow wires in the harness kit and join them backwards pretty much. the black wire will get its earth through the harness, if the radio turns on then you know it has an earth.