Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz aftermarket aeriel

dingdong555

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive
Ok, so got the aerial above I linked you to....

Pretty confusing though, where the aerial plugs into the head unit, there is a black wire. Then at the other end (which goes to the rear window) there is a red wire and clear one with a terminal on? How would it hook up to the heat filament of the rear window? How would it even be powered?

Doesn't help with no instructions!

UBCfh.jpg

AnDReII

я σ м µ и s k ι
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ CALAIS
i realllly have no idea:S can you get some more pics? i got a mate who knows about all this type of stuff

leethal1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Adventra LX6, HG monaro
those aerials are for the demister grid on the rear windscreen, black one next to the deck goes to the acc power, silver lead goe to earth and the red would be to the demister wire

AnDReII

я σ м µ и s k ι
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ CALAIS
so whats better.. ap259 or ap170?

thanks mate

dingdong555

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive
those aerials are for the demister grid on the rear windscreen, black one next to the deck goes to the acc power, silver lead goe to earth and the red would be to the demister wire

Just got this info confirmed by the seller :)

Will be hooking it up tomorrow/Sunday and I'll let you know how it goes. You don't HAVE to hook it up to the rear windscreen, so I'll see what it's like without it first.

EDIT* So is the black 12v positive wire, is that needed to be connected to the "Acc" wire (BLUE wire on my Pioneer AVH4200) Which my amp remote wires and current aerial are attached too? Or no?

leethal1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 Adventra LX6, HG monaro
yep, I have hooked mine up to the amp trigger wire (blue one) it can take .1amp max and it aerial only draws 1/10 of that, I have the ap259, really good around built up areas, go too far into the hills and you loose some reception even with the amp on... however one thing i hate about mine is that it has "Electronic antenna" written in white accross it, I thaught is was just advertising crap until i got it. will be scratching it off in a couple of days

dingdong555

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 2005 Executive
Installed it, the 2.7m cable isn't long enough to wire to the boot/rear windscreen, so the little "box" of the aerial is under the back seat....however, reception is pretty poor, so I'm looking at connecting to the rear window heater (+ve)....anyone know where it's located? I can see anything on the window??