Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ auto gear shift lever broken

PeterQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Crewman Cross8 HSV
The gear shift lever in my Crewman has broken at the base, so I need to replace it. I've got almost everything out, and the car can still be driven - I just select gears without the benefit of a lever. I'm sorting out a replacement tomorrow, but in the meantime I need to figure out how to remove the shaft/pin that goes through the base of the lever. It looks horribly like I might have to crawl about underneath - has anyone done this, if so how??

Kaleb828

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden crewman
The gear shift lever in my Crewman has broken at the base, so I need to replace it. I've got almost everything out, and the car can still be driven - I just select gears without the benefit of a lever. I'm sorting out a replacement tomorrow, but in the meantime I need to figure out how to remove the shaft/pin that goes through the base of the lever. It looks horribly like I might have to crawl about underneath - has anyone done this, if so how??

Did you end up fixing this
If so how??

I really need your help
I need to get my car road worthy to out it in my name
And need to fix the gear selector
It's broken and I can't get the pin out either

Did you end up fixing it???

Could you email or call me

[email protected]
Or

Thanks heaps