Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz bad fuel economy? ?? HELP

Marso96

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SV6
So if I get someone with a tech2 to delete the rear sensors from the bcm my car should hopefully get better economy? Is that what you guys are saying. Just to throw this out there ever since I did the rear 02 sensor I haven't copped a powetrain error since

duce9757

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ THUNDER 3.6
How long ago did you change the rear sensor?
i use my obd2 reader to delete the code and after between two and 3 weeks it comes back, i'm due for a mafless tune in mid feb once all mods are complete. But i have contacted the tuner and he said he will delete the rear sensors which with stop the powertrain fault and the stop 2 codes.. as for the fuel economy, i did the exhaust the second day i had the car "i've owned the car for 2 months + i don't drive very far so i haven't noticed..

Marso96

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SV6
I did the sensor just the other day. My impression was that extractors, cats and the exhaust itself should all improve fuel economy, not decrease it

duce9757

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ THUNDER 3.6
I am no expert
I'm only am telling you things i know from my experience with my new exhaust, and my tuners advice.. now my questions are just that questions..

I did the sensor just the other day. My impression was that extractors, cats and the exhaust itself should all improve fuel economy, not decrease it

yes but having the sensors confused by the incorrect reading you'd think may play with this? Or the fact that the car thinks the cats are stuffed "p0420 p0430 codes may send it as a powertrain warning.. then the car driving in limp mode may causing this hi use of fuel?

The car may be changing fuel ratios to check front sensors with rear sensors? "low Fuel economy"?
These are just some conclusions i have came too.. not facts

The rear sensors also check that the front sensors are working correctly.. I have been told..

Marso96

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SV6
I did notice when I did the rear sensor the idle became better!
But driving around town with a light foot I'm sitting at an average of 14.7L/100km is this about right?

I think it's a bit high

Should I get a tune?

XioiX1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 V8 Adventra
I would change all the sensors first, then think about a tune, thy range from $500 to $1500.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Until you have your car scanned (Tech 2) and identify what the Errors (problems) really are, any money you throw at it replacing components may turn out to be a complete waste.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
I did notice when I did the rear sensor the idle became better!
But driving around town with a light foot I'm sitting at an average of 14.7L/100km is this about right?

I think it's a bit high

Should I get a tune?

I'm going to get mine tuned after I replace the front oxy's. They can dissable the rear oxy's with a tune im pretty sure. Should get a cheap obd thing and check the codes. It's my oxys that are throwing codes after I did my extractors and cats.

Marso96

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ SV6
I changed the fronts today, I'll go fuel up soon and reset the trip.
What's people getting driving around town? A lot of start stop?

1siknip

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ HSV R8
what is your avg speed? if its around 30km/h then 14.7/100km is about right.