Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Blaupunkt not turning off with door open

DefterCanine88

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
My VZ Berlina (stock 6-stacker) doesn't automatically turn off when the door is opened.

At first thought it could have been a door sensor problem, although when I pushed the door sensor in, I could hear the relay switching and interior lights turning on/off. Just to be sure, I swapped the passenger and drivers sensors.

I have also been through the menu and changed accessories between door and ignition. Also when the head unit is switched off, the screen is always lit. Any thoughts?

brendosv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
same dea

hey mate i have the same problem started to weeks ago also cant find a fix a bit odd tho

turbocorty

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss
This is an internal issue with the unit...some of the SMD capacitors go resistive and cause it to stay on.

Take it to a good technician and they should be able to rectify.

DefterCanine88

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Isn't the head unit, I've tried a Pioneer and Sony head unit, both get power and can eject/load discs but won't actually power on. Will be taking it to a Holden Dealer/Car Audio installer when I get some time.

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
i like you kal spl seen this many times the door setting wont take control of radio power UNTIL ignition is in off position...
new ignition switch (left side of steering coloumn opposite ignition barrel) OR broken shaft on ignition barrel

the switch has an on off spring loaded part in it that sometimes (with age) sticks and doesnt pop out when key removed

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
This is an internal issue with the unit...some of the SMD capacitors go resistive and cause it to stay on.

Take it to a good technician and they should be able to rectify.

SMD capacitors? so its a surface mount diode capacitor? lol

DefterCanine88

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
Thx for the replies guys, was thinking possibly the key barrel, thanks for the tip KAL SPL.

@gslrallysport, nothing plugged into the cigarette lighter.