Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz calais electric seat module

troy sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 sv6, 04 berlina, 07 crewman
Now your recline motor, that was good you noticed the led dim which would suggest that the motor has actually seized up but I wouldn’t change it till you confirm the memory module is fine. Changing that motor is an annoying job that most people wouldn’t even attempt but if it’s comes to that I’ll walk you thru it. I bought a Chinese tech2 from AliExpress about 2 years ago, I use it heaps and has never had an issue except it doesn’t like being left in the sun, the lcd screen craps out when I do. On AliExpress they are $330 with all the cables, to get the storage case is $450. For me it’s an extremely cheap scantool but limited to only some Holden models, it does a lot my $7k snapon scantool cant but has a dated GUI.
Your cheaper options would be to just bite the bullet and buy a new module if they are available, I think they weren’t much over 100 a couple of years ago so probably 300 now. A second hand one, check for a Ford Territory if you want to save money, same supplier as the Holden and same pinout.
The last alternative would be to buy an ALDL cable and use a computer to get the DTCs from the module using a command line type application. They cost less than 100 and can be used to speak to pretty much every module in your car besides engine stuff, if you decide this route let me know and I’ll teach you how. I might even check the Holden PDF to see how to do the diagnostics on the seat for you shortly I believe it tells you the DTCs with beeps, pauses and flashes of the LED. Most modules have a similar thing like ABS and reverse sensor modules
wow, thank you. that's a lot to take in. if you have a pair in front of you, would you possibly be able to put up a pic showing the differences between the two mirrors or what i should be looking for?
and do you know of any competent auto electricians like yourself in Adelaide you could recommend? im almost tempted to drive it over to you as i feel a little out of my depth.
also i have asked all the wreckers and checked on line and i can not find and second hand memory modules nor new ones anywhere.