Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Calais Interior

ookami

Reaction score
Members Ride
R33 GTR Series III
Do all VZ calais have leather interiors? I have looked at a few and the leather is real hard and flat, are they all like this?

cheers

Ronaldw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS DEC 2007
No, they come with cloth probably velour with leather bolsters.
Leather is an extra.

calaiscruise

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Calais VYII Gen3 5.7L V8 + Impco Sequent LPG
... I think you will find that leather seats were actually standard on VZ, velour was an option (no cost I believe).

Sounds odd, but was probably just the usual "add some extras on the new model" they always do ...

On the VY2 Calais velour was standard, leather an option (as you'd expect).
But I found the Calais' with leather seats option were worn, saggy or cracked. I actually prefer velour (it wont burn you in summer, or freeze in winter, not slippery when cornering).

ookami

Reaction score
Members Ride
R33 GTR Series III
^^ you've come to the same conclusion as me. Except i found they looked horrible too. Unless i can find a VZ that meets my standards with a velour interior I think I will have to get a VY II

Ronaldw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CALAIS DEC 2007
I find velour the most horrid stuff to clean and if anyone has any tips to get fluff and all that type of stuff off I would love it.

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Yes velour is velcro, like **** sticks to fur lol...pain in the bloody arse, would take me 30mins just to vaccum the seats in the Calais. I too found the leather in the VZ firm and for my tastes to hard, prob the only thing that disappointed me, I find the seats in my SV6 more comfortable than that of the Calais, don't get me wrong the leather is beautiful to look at, easier to clean than velour/cloth but too dam hard for a luxury car.

P.S ookami nothing wrong with the VY2, my Calais was a beautiful car, shame it wasnt the same after the crash, so upgraded in certain areas so to speak to a VZ SV6..