Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz Calais misfiring on 2,4,6

greigbec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
Hi just wondering if anybody has any suggestions. my vz Calais is misfiring on 2,4,6 cyl. not coming up with any errors.
only just replaced spark plugs and fuel filter three days prior. fuel filter was full of ****. runs not too bad when it is cold but gets gradually worse as it warms up. pulled spark plugs out again and found the 2,4,6 plugs were black others were fine. open too any ideas thanks

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
If they're black I would bet that the o2 sensor if stuffed and running rich on that bank

greigbec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
If they're black I would bet that the o2 sensor if stuffed and running rich on that

Mate swapped o2 sensors over to see if it jumped banks. Checkin them tomorrow. He told me that it could be timing chain. Car has only done 150, 000.

Hrd455

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6 ute
If its a strecthed timing chain u will hear a rattle coming from the front of the motor

greigbec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
Theres no rattle from the front of the motor. my mate checked the spark plugs again this arvo. turns out the misfiring has jumped banks so changing the o2 sensors tomorrow. will keep you informed thanks for the advice

Hrd455

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6 ute
Good to hear that u sorted the problem