Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Calais -vs- Mitsubishi Verada

New2Holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V6
I have been away on buz this week and rented from AVIS. Got out to the airport car park and the rental is a Mitsubishi Verada AWD. GREAT I thought, I love driving different rental cars and comparing them to my current ride and then coming back home and jumping into my car. What an absolute load of crap was this Verada. Very indecisive in the stearing department. Lacked power with it's 3.5L engine. Engined sounded tinnie when reved out . Seats not comfortable but the ride was pretty good. All in all, I just loved getting back into my Calais when arriving back home.

shrapnel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ V8 M6 TT
Well..

Not sure if comparing a rental car (of any make) to a car you own will do justice to the rental. They're generally in a sad state of tune and being destroyed on a daily basis by their "owners" :)

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
shrapnel said:
Not sure if comparing a rental car (of any make) to a car you own will do justice to the rental.
Are you kidding me? Rental cars are the best ones to compare to. They're rarely older then 2 years and are serviced regularly.
shrapnel said:
They're generally in a sad state of tune
This hasn't been true since the advent of electronic ignition in the late 70's early 80's. They don't do a "tune up" in service anymore.

As a way of determining if you'd buy a car, rental cars rock...

The 380 is going to send Mitsu broke. They've already had to close the factory due to excess supply of the things.

When will Toyota & MMA learn that Aussies want RWD?

shrapnel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ V8 M6 TT
clixanup said:
Are you kidding me? Rental cars are the best ones to compare to. They're rarely older then 2 years and are serviced regularly.
Really? Not from my experience :)

As for Mitsubishi, I wonder if, as they are in such deep s*it, the government will intervene in its usual manner to 'save jobs' or will they let things take their natural course and have some healthy competition sort things out.

New2Holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V6
I rent from AVIS frequently and rarely would I drive one of their cars with more than 5,000klms on the clock. They are usually in excellent condition. This last trip I was actually hoping for a Commodore Executive so I could specifically compare the suspension to my Calais but I got the crappy Verada instead.

CNULTR

SLEEP3r
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 25th Anniversary II
I got given a rental car from AVIS from holden b/c my car went in for service due to its head cyclinders to change. interior is clean pooppped yhe bonnet and the engine and its self is dirty all dusted up like its been drivn in the desert.anyway they gave us a VZ Exxecutive its 20 kz jus wonderin if dey cum LSD coz this one seems like it is?

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
I dunno mayte... maybez dey cum in da non-engrish speeking vershun.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
CNULTR said:
I got given a rental car from AVIS from holden b/c my car went in for service due to its head cyclinders to change. interior is clean pooppped yhe bonnet and the engine and its self is dirty all dusted up like its been drivn in the desert.anyway they gave us a VZ Exxecutive its 20 kz jus wonderin if dey cum LSD coz this one seems like it is?
sounds like you need to lay off the LSD, you seem to be tripping too hard...