Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz calais

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
hey guys i've been looking at cars lately and i love the look of the vz calais but not so much the ve calais.

So my question, has anyone who knows or has a vz calais had any issues with it? Just want to find this out before i go and get one.

By the way im getting a v6.

hingo1983

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Bought mine with 75,000k's on it last year and have had no major issues. Like you, I could had a look at the VE but thought the VZ looked sportier and seemed to have a better quality interior. I know a guy who has a VE SSV and he also thinks the interior of my car is better quality.

The only problems I have had were a faulty oxy sensor and the rear parking sensors only working occasionally. These were both fixed under warranty. I used to get an ESP fail error but this has disappeared and never seemed to affect anything anyway. It seemed to only happen when pulling into my driveway and disappeared as soon as teh car was restarted. Probably a software glitch. Since then, no problems (touch wood).

Its a great car and I love driving it. I'm about to drive from Canberra to Melbourne, put it on a boat and drive around Tasmania.

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
ahh cheers for the input mate.

Yeah to me the ve calais looks like the omega so not a fan of it.

Yeah some of the errors that you get with cars is just plain unlucky instead of a common fault. Also nearly all of the interiors i look at on carsales of a VZ calais they look so much more classy and stylish and look so clean too.

Thanks again mate, enjoy your drive to melbourne and around tassie :thumbsup:

ashbox

back in black
Reaction score
Members Ride
something black
you might have a bcm issue with the indicators staying on, service engine oil error (just a glitch in the software and easily fixed).

vz's are nice cars and if i had my time over i would've gone for the calais instead of the sv6 but still.

doms3

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz
we have had ours 4 years and apart from a bcm nothing else has gone wrong

dynoryder

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive wagon
i serviced one today it was fine no probs althogh it had a heli coil in the sump must of been a holden mech

it was very nice car but i think the ve inteirors are better the ve has better suspension

i have heard from some other mechanic shops mainly one say that the vz is better for working on and driving

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
cheers for the input fellas, nice to know its overall a great car :)

Thanks, Shane