Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Calais

JoseyBoy

#ibleedred
Reaction score
Members Ride
Series II VE CALAIS V
Hey Guys..This probaly has already been asked a million times..

But whats the Best Springs to put in my Calais i think it may be lowered already has it does sit lower than most calais with 18s,but im not sure as i only bought the car 10 months ago.

im looking a putting 19"s on her,but i want it to sit nice(same height all round...not the rear higher,like all holdens are!)

whats the best way to go Guys?,i dont wanna be cop bait i just want it to look nice and streamlined(maybe between 120-150mm off the ground)

KrisHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Hello
Sorry that I cant answer your question. I wish I could go lower but the streets I drive on with humps and steep driveways already kill my car at its current height lol
I wanted to ask something though if you had the 190 V6. Have you ever been able to get wheelspin on your car without traction control kicking in? Have you ever seen a "low traction" warning light appear to reduce wheelspin? Would appreciate your response as I too have a Calais and my wheels spin without any traction control warnings or ESP errors.

Thanks heaps!

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
I wanted to ask something though if you had the 190 V6. Have you ever been able to get wheelspin on your car without traction control kicking in? Have you ever seen a "low traction" warning light appear to reduce wheelspin? Would appreciate your response as I too have a Calais and my wheels spin without any traction control warnings or ESP errors.

I have a VZ SV6 (190) and where i used to live about 2 months ago, the top end of my street was a T section which the left side went up on a slope.

No matter what speed i took off at, it would spin the tyres EVERYTIME i went around that corner.

It never once triggered Traction Control or flipped up a message.

But i have had going from a stand-still at lights and put my foot down and had the tyres spin (due to slick spots on the road along with oil) and Traction Control has kicked in.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Hey Guys..This probaly has already been asked a million times..

But whats the Best Springs to put in my Calais i think it may be lowered already has it does sit lower than most calais with 18s,but im not sure as i only bought the car 10 months ago.

im looking a putting 19"s on her,but i want it to sit nice(same height all round...not the rear higher,like all holdens are!)

whats the best way to go Guys?,i dont wanna be cop bait i just want it to look nice and streamlined(maybe between 120-150mm off the ground)

rip your wheels off and see if they are aftermarket springs with a part number, usually kings are yellow, pedders - red, lovells - blue, black would generally be stock

Hello
Sorry that I cant answer your question. I wish I could go lower but the streets I drive on with humps and steep driveways already kill my car at its current height lol

Thanks heaps!

Kris you still wanting answers aren't you???????????????

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
yeah as above, you might be able to see the rear part codes without taking the wheels off, will need to take the front wheels off though.

should have either L, SL ,SSL , or SSSL in the part code, which would represent what height it is.

except if they are stock lol, in that case the spring would just be black

JoseyBoy

#ibleedred
Reaction score
Members Ride
Series II VE CALAIS V
Cheers Guys it appears my Springs are Black..must be an optical illusion..

KrisHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Kris you still wanting answers aren't you???????????????

As it seems. I dont want to overide this thread. But, I am still not convinced and havnt had the time to do any testing or take it into Holden. I am getting different answers\ stories.

Thanks Morphix for replying though ESP is different to standard TC :)

I thank JoseyBoy also for reading at least.