Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz Cargo barrier install

VZ1CAR59

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 05
I have got a cargo barrier that I’m trying to put into a vz wagon. My understanding it is the updated version part number 92183873. Bit confused by the install. What I am guessing is that the two spokes in the top corners go into the roof and then the nut and bolt goes through it on the other side to stop it coming out. Then the bottom tabs bolt into the two holes in the carpet. Can someone please just confirm this for me?

what I am confused about is what the flexible arms do coming off the bottom bolt? Also
The large anchor bolt in the bottom I’m guessing goes through the carpet aswell?
Photos are below

Thanks JC

https://imgbox.com/gallery/edit/la8kaxgd10/GE3cVITRVrkYk7Ue

Last edited:

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
I have got a cargo barrier that I’m trying to put into a vz wagon. My understanding it is the updated version part number 92183873. Bit confused by the install. What I am guessing is that the two spokes in the top corners go into the roof and then the nut and bolt goes through it on the other side to stop it coming out. Then the bottom tabs bolt into the two holes in the carpet. Can someone please just confirm this for me?

what I am confused about is what the flexible arms do coming off the bottom bolt? Also
The large anchor bolt in the bottom I’m guessing goes through the carpet aswell?
Photos are below

Thanks JC

https://imgbox.com/gallery/edit/la8kaxgd10/GE3cVITRVrkYk7Ue

No not quite right..
Have to go out now but will get back to you later today, or if you search I am sure I did a fit up on these a while back.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Here ya go
Come back if still unsure

VZ1CAR59

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 05
Thanks for your reply Rambunctios. Most of your post is about fitting it between front and back seats. I was more intent on fitting behind the backs seats. Can this be done? And if so how so? Thanks mate

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Thanks for your reply Rambunctios. Most of your post is about fitting it between front and back seats. I was more intent on fitting behind the backs seats. Can this be done? And if so how so? Thanks mate
For mounting behind rear seats there is another top connecting point 800 mm back from the front mounting point see pic 2
Then for bolting to the floor use the shorter approx 100 mm long brackets coming off the frame and just lift the long brackets parrallel with the bottom of the barrier so they are out of the way. They usually have a piece of flat plastic tube to secure them to each other but you can zip tie them if you want.
Make sure the centre pin of the barrier ( that sits on the tunnel) is up out of the way

The bolt for the floor mounting is M 10 x 2.5 and the one I used is 20 mm long allen key domed head see pic 3 which I got from our local bolt shop

The first pic is what your top mount fitting should be but you may be missing that fitting.
It is a simple push in and turn 1/4 turn
If you don't have them there are usually cargo barriers up our local tip shop so let me know if you need them.
DSCN0715.JPG

DSCN0713.JPG

DSCN0714.JPG

Last edited:

VZ1CAR59

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 05
Fantastic I’m with ya. Looks like I already have all the rights holes in the back. The drop down centre piece and flexible arms are not needed for rear fitting so just get them out the way? Then you fit it with the two off centre lower brackets and the two brackets top right corner? Awesome…yep any ideas about where to get the fittings for the top would be great. I am in Perth Western Australia. We do have a local tip shop but I have always found it to be useless. If you have any ideas about getting similar fittings at Bunnings etc that could be adapted or even if Holden would do a cheap one. Thanks mate

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Good luck with Bunnings they are as much use as balls on a cow.
Don't waste your time.
It's a car part
Here is what the fitting looks like . across the pin is 20 mm and centre of pin to the holding bolt on the strap is 60.
DSCN0716.JPG

Start with Holden or the manufacturer of the barrier for the fittings but I would guess they will be more than buying another barrier.

Don't know what you paid for the barrier you have but here are some complete

Our local tip shop usually sell the complete barrier for $10 in average condition or $15 good condition and they usually lay out the back in the rain for a few months before someone grabs them

Last edited:

VZ1CAR59

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 05

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.