Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz cats and headers.

BPX-31H

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 vz sv6
looking at replacing my headers and cats with the pacemakers but ive been told that replacing the cats may bring up a engine light on the sv6 cause its got 02 sensors after, but have been told it wont, any ideas?

WL2005HBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 WL Statesman HBD
Been told the same. Worst case have the O2 sensors drilled into the new cats. Then again I've also been told hi flow cats are just a myth and don't do s...

vz_sv6_owner1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS storm ute
On all vz models(euro 4 compliant) it has 4 o2 sensors (2 each side/bank), 1 pre cat and 1 post cat.. The pre o2 sensor is used for determining afr(air fuel ratio) and is 90% of what the computer uses to determine wether the car is running rich or lean.

The post cat o2 sensor is there to determine wether the cat is working as it should be.

It shouldn't come up if you just change your cats but if it does just get it tuned and have the back 2 turned off.

Also, high flow cats(100-200cai) are not a myth. The honeycomb in the cat is less dense allowing more exhaust fumes to freely flow through it as compared to a normal cat(400cai+) giving you slightly better performance

Cheers
Brandon

Last edited:

BPX-31H

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 vz sv6
Okay sweet would they be less likely to come on it I went 200 cell over 100 cell?

BPX-31H

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 vz sv6
So your saying it'll bring a light on

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
It won't bring any light on, the only way it will bring a light I. Is if they didn't connect the post cat o2 sensors, the cats have to be as far forward as possible so the o2 sensors will reach. Having said that, 175kw engines only have the pre cat o2 sensors

BPX-31H

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 vz sv6
oh okay, i think the new pipes would come with holes already in them, yer but mines 190kw, so it has 4.