Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Climate Control

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Hey,

Quick question in regards to the climate control in the VZ, specifically a Clubsport.

When I set the temp using the buttons on my side, say I put it @ 20degree's, the only options the passenger has is either "C", "20" or "H".

Is this correct?

Also, when they the passenger sets it to "H", I swear it blows hotter on my side too?

Thoughts? Experiences? Etc?

HoldenOnn

Roll Cage Territory
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais Series 2 HBD V6 Sedan 2004
My mates vz clubby seemed to blow different temps when set at the same temperature. I think that not long after I noticed this happening, he then was welcomed with a small "x" in the climate display which we were told was a problem with the unit and this could be the cause of your issues too. Unsure exactly what the "x" meant.

With regards to the only available temps being "C", "20" and "H", well I have no idea on this. But again, you may have an error somewhere and the "x" on the display is yet to show its ugly head.

Maybe someone can shed light on whether a tech 2 will show any faults if a test is or can be run?

Do you have a temperature probe that you can put into the vents and just check the temperature difference, and then maybe get a mates commodore with climate and compare?

Trent L

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ Calais 190Kw
Don't know about the Clubby - but in the Calais both driver & passenger sides go up/down in increments of 1 degree.

Lowest is C then goes up 17, 18, etc

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Hmmm... I may have just found the issue.

As it turns out, the VZ CLubsports only have single zone climate control. :(

This would explain alot. Learning something new about my car every day.

:rofl:

CORNYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ
Yea I'm pretty sure the VZ SS an Clubby are not duel it's just single, the left hand side if u push the C it's goes straight to the coldest if you were to push the H it goes straight to the hottest kind of a shortcut to the aircon where as the drivers side is single degrees at a time, did that make sense? But yea that's my understanding

Jesterarts

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yeah, I think you're on the ball mate.

Did some further reading and checked the "HSV Classics" section.

Single zone and as you say, the LHS buttons are like a hottest, coldest shortcut.