Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz code problems

10*drew

Reaction score
Members Ride
v8 vt commodore
hi all, im partners vz ute as a few problems first one is when locked with the key the left hand blinker stays on we can get it get it off by putting the blinker on a few times and or locking and unlocking its not a real bigy, the next thing is the svs come on so i serviced the ute and cleared the code then as i reversed out the drive way a check power train warning come up then a change engine oil warning then it started over heating and a hi temp warning come up (all still in the drive way over about 10 min of idle) i asked my partner if it was doing anything weird lately and she said the over heating warning come up a few times she looked at the temp it was up to the red but then come straight down. i disconnected the battery to re set the ecm and all the warnings stopped except the svs i cleared it and 10sec later it beeps at me with svs on the screen again so i do it again same thing any way i pop the bonnet while it idles the temp rises up and the fans dont com on i checked the relays and they seen fine so i turn the ac on and both fans kick in so the relays are fine i start thinking the coolant temp sensor may be the problem i drove the ute back out the back and all the warnings come back........ has anyone had this happen....... now im thinking ether all my sensors have gone at once (unlikely) or my ecu has problem.. im hoping someone has had this happen before and will say no don't change the ecu its just this $20 part and that im jumping to conclusions....sorry for the long version of the story just wanted to make sure i got everything

Hrd455

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6 ute
Svs is usually oil pressure sensor

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Check for codes first and go from there.
Regarding the Indicator staying on most likely BCM. Done a few of these. But before changing parts do tests.

Thank you

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
the relay on the BCM can be replaced, buy from ebay or jaycar, oil sensor for svs, check radiator cap or replace (might not be allowing coolant to re-enter system) after it has gotten hot so the system may be low, check overflow-if full likely the cap, replace top up and bleed system