Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz commadore parts enquiry

Commydo

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 vz Commodore
Hi,my vz commadore has started to overheat,turned the car off and coolant in reservoir was bubbling,
The radiator cap was very tight to open but eventually got it,the cap actually looks fine but maybe I should just buy a new one?
What's the difference between the radiator caps from repco/supercheap,
1 of them is rated to 17psi and the other is 18psi,what one should I get or does it even matter,
They both come up when I type in the parts number
Cw18125

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
you need the 120 kpa cap with the spring best ones are genuine and when you check the coolant you should see it and these caps are becoming very pricey last time i paid over 40 bucks at holden last year

Commydo

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 vz Commodore
you need the 120 kpa cap with the spring best ones are genuine and when you check the coolant you should see it and these caps are becoming very pricey last time i paid over 40 bucks at holden last year

[/URL]
Cheers,when u say check the coolant do u mean in the reservoir tank,or should I see coolant after taking the radiator cap off?
When I take the radiator cap off its got 2 holes lol,one going into the engine and one is going to the radiator,I can't see any coolant there but reservoir has some

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The cap needs replacing and coolant filled. Then air bled out. If you don’t bleed the air, you’ll need to top up the reservoir very frequently for a week or so. You do t want it to run dry.

Commydo

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 vz Commodore
Cheers,when u say check the coolant do u mean in the reservoir tank,or should I see coolant after taking the radiator cap off?
When I take the radiator cap off its got 2 holes lol,one going into the engine and one is going to the radiator,I can't see any coolant there but reservoir has some

The cap needs replacing and coolant filled. Then air bled out. If you don’t bleed the air, you’ll need to top up the reservoir very frequently for a week or so. You do t want it to run dry.
Ahright,,any ideas how to fill/bleed correctly?

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
when unscrew the cap you should see coolant sometimes it doesnt suck from the reservoir and check it weekly at least

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
fu here is a couple of pics filler neck is the opening same or bigger on yours
ybKtxol.jpg

4RHGPe1.jpg

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.