Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Al92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hey Guys, I am trying to figure out why my motor won't start. The car is a write off 2005 VZ Commodore Equipe. The battery was dead on pickup so I charged it. When I try to start the car, it almost starts, then just dies. The radiator is smashed in, and air filter box is damaged too, not sure if they are needed to run car though.

I get the Service Vehicle Soon error all the time when ignition in turned, and I've had the check drive train error once, and abs fault light once..

I've posted the youtube videos below to show what happens when I try to start it, any input would be appreciated.

Thanks, Al

Last edited by a moderator:

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
did I read correctly, you are trying to start a car with no water in the engine?

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Not helping guys... What component of the car sends water to the engine? I'm lost here...

stop what you are doing.

Running an engine without coolant is a great way to destroy it. They will almost literally explode.

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
ok. the radiator holds the water. u need to replace this. the radiator support needs replacement and best done and checked over by qualified persons. if its just the motor u want than u still need to start with the radiator problem.

Al92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
stop what you are doing.

Running an engine without coolant is a great way to destroy it. They will almost literally explode.

I've stopped, thanks for the heads up. Thanks guys, I'll see if i can get a radiator installed cheap and if that helps. Cheers

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
those motors are hard to start sometimes, trying to hold down the key to start for longer periods. air-box wont affect the start unless there's a blockage. it also needs petrol to run.

Last edited:

Al92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Yea petrol wont be a problem as it's full. I've tried to start for long periods but that's obviously going to damage the engine as mpower has pointed out. So what do you mean by blockage in regards to airbox affecting the start?