Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz Commodore indicator

Heyman_526

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Commodore Lumina
Good morning ladies and gentlemen I am having some issues with my car and I am wondering if I can get some help please?
About 2 weeks after purchasing the car i noticed the indicator was staying on after using the central locking this was causing the battery to drain also the antenna was no longer working so I took it to a mechanic and they said it was a BCM and ECU faliar so I went and got both of those things and got them replaced following this the car still wouldn't start even with a fully charged battery it would crank but it wouldn't start so it was changed back I am currently getting a quote from a mechanic but I want to definitely make sure that that's the problem before I continue please if anyone can help me i would be really happy
Thank you

Heyman_526

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thank you mate I think I also have some serious electrical issues I got quoted 2k by the previous mechanic

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
Thank you mate I think I also have some serious electrical issues I got quoted 2k by the previous mechanic

Well, without seeing the car... It does seem pretty steep though. Where is SA are you?

Heyman_526

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just out of Adelaide i think the vehicle was crashed previous to me owning

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
If you think the car has been crashed, see if you can access its history (registration, involvement in accident, repairs, etc.). Insurers have this as a matter of routine business, but I am unsure whether they will share the information. They would check it before insuring you as the car's new owner.
Leave alone the BCM, ECU and any other control unit it has been thoroughly checked out by an electrician. Who knows that other systems may have been hobbled in some way e.g. ABS, airbags, brake force distribution, etc.., etc.

Heyman_526

Reaction score
Members Ride
If you think the car has been crashed, see if you can access its history (registration, involvement in accident, repairs, etc.). Insurers have this as a matter of routine business, but I am unsure whether they will share the information. They would check it before insuring you as the car's new owner.
Leave alone the BCM, ECU and any other control unit it has been thoroughly checked out by an electrician. Who knows that other systems may have been hobbled in some way e.g. ABS, airbags, brake force distribution, etc.., etc.

Well mate thank you very much unfortunately upon reading this i feel like I'm in a bit of a pickle if it has been crashed is it even worth fixing or should I just get rid of it and start again? I feel like the value would be way less now considering it may have been crashed and with the problems that it has i don't know I have no idea so really I am looking for some advice please? Because if I take it to the mechanic there may not be any guarantees especially if I have to go see an electrician too

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
I'm much inclined to think that you should cut your losses before you even start and get another car. After the accident, was the car professionally repaired (by a repairer, seconded by insurer), or belted into shape in somebody's backyard?
Accident...electrical issues...possible cascade of other problems through the system as a result...what are you looking at in financial terms in regard to repairs?

Heyman_526

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm much inclined to think that you should cut your losses before you even start and get another car. After the accident, was the car professionally repaired (by a repairer, seconded by insurer), or belted into shape in somebody's backyard?
Accident...electrical issues...possible cascade of other problems through the system as a result...what are you looking at in financial terms in regard to repairs?

I am pretty sure it was done by a repairer you wouldn't be able to tell looking at it from the outside unless you have a really close look

When it comes to cost I am not sure at this stage I haven't seen an auto electrician yet but I think that it is safe to assume that it may cost upwards of 3k by the time it goes to the auto electrician and then the mechanic it may become pretty costly