Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz Commodore indicator

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Good morning ladies and gentlemen I am having some issues with my car and I am wondering if I can get some help please?
About 2 weeks after purchasing the car i noticed the indicator was staying on after using the central locking this was causing the battery to drain also the antenna was no longer working so I took it to a mechanic and they said it was a BCM and ECU faliar so I went and got both of those things and got them replaced following this the car still wouldn't start even with a fully charged battery it would crank but it wouldn't start so it was changed back I am currently getting a quote from a mechanic but I want to definitely make sure that that's the problem before I continue please if anyone can help me i would be really happy
Thank you

You say you went and got the replacement ECU & BCM. Second hand from a wreckers? Did you get the mechanic to replace them or did you do this work yourself?

Heyman_526

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Commodore Lumina
You say you went and got the replacement ECU & BCM. Second hand from a wreckers? Did you get the mechanic to replace them or did you do this work yourself?
Did the work myself however when they were replaced the car wouldn’t start so it was put back to the one it was and it lasted for a while and then failed again

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
Perhaps the ECU or BCM you bought from the wreckers were no good?
Did you use a scan tool to link the replacement ECU & BCM with the PIM?

Heyman_526

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Commodore Lumina
Ladies and gentlemen can I please get a rough price guide for my ride? Personally I am considering getting rid of it it's going to cost me a bit but if I spend the money it's not really going to add much value

2004 Commodore
4 speed
FE2 front and rear
16s

Any help is greatly appreciated cheers

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
try selling for parts