Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz commodore

Sharna-99

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 vz commodore sv6
Hi all I’m new here.
I own a 2006 vz commodore and tonight I decided to switch out the boring yellow interior lights to blue bolbs….anyways..I successfully changed the sunglasses roof lamp fine but when I tried to change the back driver side I accidentally touched the metal on the metal part of the globe….long story short my interior lights started to flicker and then just stopped working. Now it won’t work at all. Dash lights still work perfectly fine. Anyways suggestions would be highly appreciated
Cheers!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Below the steering column, that panel comes open. Pull outwards and down from the top edge. It’s hinged at the bottom. Behind there is the fuse panel. There will be a blown fuse.

Sharna-99

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 vz commodore sv6
Below the steering column, that panel comes open. Pull outwards and down from the top edge. It’s hinged at the bottom. Behind there is the fuse panel. There will be a blown fuse.
Thanks mate I did do that and tried to swap the interior illum relay for another one and didn’t work, would there be another fuse related to this?

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
IMG_3484.jpeg

IMG_3486.jpeg

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Also, put the old bulbs back in. Check the fuse for continuity. Use a multimeter with the probes on those two exposed bits on the fuse.

If the ones you bought at faulty or damaged, they might be affecting the circuit. So get the old ones back in, sort the power to the circuit and restore circuit integrity.

Test your bulbs off the car with a 9v battery and some probes clipped to the battery and touch the ends with the probes. If not working, swap the polarity around and they should work. If not, they are rooted.

Get ones that work in. Be super careful this time. Enjoy the effects you wanted.

Reactions: Lex

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride

Of note, this is also the lady that did lots of videos for i-fixit who make iPhone repair products, Mac repair parts and they work out how to fix the “designed not to be fixed” devices we use.

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
Sounds like the universe is telling you something about blue interior lights....

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sounds like the universe is telling you something about blue interior lights....
I blew a seal once.
I’m not allowed back to SeaWorld.