Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Crewman

RainOCE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman V6 Alloytec S
Hey guys,

New to the forums and i'm hoping this is the right place to post this, Just wondering.

I have a VZ Crewman with a fully sealed canopy on the back, Just wondering if it's even worth putting 2 x 12 inch subs in there... i'm guessing not because it's a separate compartment from the car and wouldn't get the bass i want.

I figured i would ask, Putting it inside the car cabin wouldn't work because i have 3 kids that sit in the back..

So is this viable or am i just crazy to think of such a thing? Coz if it's worth it... i'll be on that real quick because i miss the old days of having subs in the boot of my old VL when i was like 19 - 22 years old and i'm 32 now and haven't really grown out of it just never had the cash to think about it again.

Oh, theres also a Gas tank in the canopy area and having the vibration wouldn't hurt it i wouldn't think?

Please and thanks for any info anybody has, I've tried to look for **** in google with no luck.

yamahahatim

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss crewman
Dunno where I've seen it, somewhere I saw two subs mounted under back seat.... Not a lot of room anywhere in crewman for anything!!!!! I think sub box in the tray/canopy area would be a massive fail....

HSViCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 HSVi Calais 6.0
Installing sub in a tray can be good for show cars, but all you'll do is vomit bass outside the cabin which is the opposite of what you want.

There are active under-seat subwoofers available (combining an amplifier with woofer/driver), such as the Clarion SRV250. They will add a bit more punch to your audio, but don't expect window rattling bass. Nothing stopping you installing 2, under each driver and passenger seat but you will double up on wiring.