Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Dash Gauges not working.

lil_oneblue

Reaction score
Members Ride
HZ Sandman Ute, HZ GTS, VT Senator
Ok I have a VZ SV6. Since getting it (brought it bloody cheap), the car has had some problems.

The fuel, speedo, temp, tacho gauges are all not working. But the digital one in the dash is working fine.

Any ideas?

I did a search and found that maybe taking the exhaust off and refitting it (which was don't the day before I brought it) may have been what caused the issue..... I don't know?

Silverbird

(Blake)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Station Wagon
One for the Tech 2 tool I'd say. Anyone tried to swap the cluster over that you know of? Does the car have a service history? If you got it cheap then at least you have a good chance of sorting the issues properly and ending up with a good car. Good luck with it - keep us posted.

lil_oneblue

Reaction score
Members Ride
HZ Sandman Ute, HZ GTS, VT Senator
Cheers. Yeh honestly it owes me nothing. Needs a bonnet and guard also. So if I have to spend 2-3g on it im very happy. It will then owe me 2-3g lol.

might take it into a mate with a tech 2 to look at perhaps.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
check the fuses etc too,clusters are cheap on fleabay all the time so not hard to get one

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
I've seen this a few times now on the VZ's - so far not found a fix. I'd just replace the cluster.

PhreddyJR

Phreddys Son And Proud
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 Alloytec190
G'day mate,

If you need an sv6 cluster i have the one that i just pulled out of mine so if you want to buy one PM me

Cheers