Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Equipe '05. Picture Heavy!

VZequipe

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ Equipe
oh I live in brisbane for uni, but drive out to Moura (central queensland) for holidays seeing as I work out there for family/others, so i really dont want to drive out there on good rims seeing as the roads are pretty terrible.....

But that plan is out of action for now, seeing as i just got a complete new set of pirelli p7's for the stock rims, so i will be keeping them for ages yet.

The spare set is more of a super precaution than a needed thing.

VZequipe

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ Equipe
Sound System is slowly going in, just me mucking around for a few hours each afternoon, hopefully by the end of today however it will be done! No subs yet. I have gone with Sony Xplod everything, they were a good price and seem decent quality, so i got 2 x 6.5' for the front doors, 2 x 6x9's for the rear parcel shelf, and a 4 channel sony x plod amp, i should stop being lazy and take some photos to show it all, but that will probably be when its all done and complete..

Also starter motor died on the 4th, but was replaced new on the 7/02/2012

VZequipe

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ Equipe
Right, it was lowered this weekend, on the 11th! Super Low kings springs in the front, and Ultra Lows in the rear, standard shocks and everything. Looking around at monroe sports!

Also sound system is finished and i can quietly say it goes very well, i recommend Xplod to people looking into sound system stuff as I really like my current setup, its perfect for this car. Although this gear does get a bit pricey normally, but i got a ton of discounts so mine was well worth it. Everything in my system all up was about $460 brand new from a store and i just put in 2 days work myself to get install it.

More pictures going up HOPEFULLY at the end of today! I'm going for a photo shoot somewhere hopefully!

VZequipe

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ Equipe
404265_10150676956069747_700599746_11134110_494477497_a.jpg

Lowered! Finally got a photo up. its has SSL in rear and SL in front. It has sunk even a little more in the rear over the past 24 hours, but i like how its sitting now, just need some 19's

VZequipe

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ Equipe
Painting the dash tonight/tomorrow! Hopefully my chosen colour scheme looks decent enough but if not it will all be matt black, minimalistic approach :D Will post pictures when its done! (providing it looks good) :p

VZequipe

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ Equipe
Painted the engine bay and interior, im not sure if I myself like it yet, though a few people have seen it and said it looks good, so unsure.

Also, this project may be put on hold, might possibly be getting a very good deal on a 240Z..... and if that comes through i will certainly snatch it up.

burty1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy lumina wagon
How do the sony speakers sound?

VZequipe

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 VZ Equipe
If I was within 4 car lengths of you at traffic lights or on the freeway you would know! They are perfect for my needs, especially with how quiet my car is (stock exhaust helps) i can fit the sub comfortably in the boot, the amp is wire on the top left of the boot next to the hinges out of the way so i havent take away any boot space really, the 6x9's in the parcel shelf go well with the 6.5's in the front doors.

Would be better however if you were to run the sub's or a dedicated amp for themselves (obviously) but i dont have the money for that so its all running through one! However for a total of about $400 - $500 and a weekends work its perfect for me.

And sorry about the late reply! Havent checked this in forever.