Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ ex police door switch

capatel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
Having same problem as colk! Have a VZ SS ex victorian police car and the interior lights dont work. My dad has a VZ exec ex police car with the exact same problem! With both cars the wiring in the fuse box has been changed and it looks like a non-standard wiring loom has been put in with a seperate fuse holder? I know nothing about cars but a mate who is a mechanic has been around the last couple of nights trying to diagnose the problem. We assume its not the door switches as I've set the radio to turn off when the door opens and that works fine. Is there a way to get hold of a wiring diagram?

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
hmm thats interesting ... any news on this?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450

allenr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive 3.6
I have just bought a ex new south wales rural fire service VZ (nsw police spec) and it has the same problem with the alarm not working on the doors. Bonnet & boot alarm work fine i am going to contact a guy who services the police cars and see what he comes up with.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
yeh coz mines ex NSW police and havent had an issue like that at all, then again mines missing all goodies like bash plates etc :whistling

BTW RFS cars are well looked after, their a good way of getting the police spec car without the thrashing associated :thumbsup:

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
BTW RFS cars are well looked after, their a good way of getting the police spec car without the thrashing associated :thumbsup:

i wouldnt say that at all, we service rfs vehicles and there very sketchy, police serviceing is very perdendic and done every 10,000km, brakes every 30,000km, diff oirl transmission oil every 30,000km etc.

rfs, on the other hand only go for the manufactorers specs, so every 15,000km, etc etc, IF they remeber to book it in, the last rfs car i did was 17,000km overdue, so 0 - 37,000km it had no oil changes done that was in a ve

the trucks, however are a different story, everything gets replaced every year

allenr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive 3.6
I checked out the service book ( yes it has one )and all the services have been done every 15000km at holden or a service centre. And as for the trucks it depends on what zone you are in...

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
and our zones Acclaim and wagon used to be according to schedule too because theres no need to book them in any earlier as their essentially driven the same as a family car.