Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Front passenger door jams

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Good to hear all is well.

Law84

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Executive 3.6L V6
The guy at Holden advised that it's just a bad apple amongst thousands. I kinda believe him, anyone had the same experience?

I surely don't want another door having the same problem.

Law84

Reaction score
Members Ride
Went for a drive with my friend and afterwards the door stuffed up again. The door won't close, so I attempted to close it a few times and eventually it did.

I made sure I didn't touch the door until I arrived home, then opened the door and tried to close it. Spent another 10 mins attempting to close it, eventually it did.

I can't believe this problem is re-occuring after I bought it to the Holden Dealer to fix under warranty not long ago on 22-01-2008 , seems like they're looking for the easy way out and sought for a temporary fix until the warranty runs out.

This is unacceptable!!:bang:

Will call up the dealer tomorrow and see if they can't fix the problem once and for all.

Law84

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok brought the car in this morning again. No greetings no explainations, no nothing. Just advised me to give them the keys and log book and told me they'll call once done.

Picked it up this afternoon. Car was spotless when I brought it to them (washed it on Monday) this morning. When I picked it up, it looked like it went for a drive in the desert with dirt on the lower body of the car and wheels, a couple more scratches, seat was adjusted, A/C on. There's no way it can be so dirty if they are just fixing the front passenger door...which makes me deduce that they have lent it out to someone while their car is being service.
Not trying to be negative, but come on, even the trip meter has been reseted (I have resetted it to zero before leaving it with them).

Two warranty services within 2 1/2 weeks for the same problem, sometimes I wonder why I even put a smile on my face when I see them. :cry:

Sorry guys, I feel the need to blow off some steam...they make me so angry, I'm appalled at the service. :bang:

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
That really sux man!
I doubt if a large dealership like holden would lend your car to someone else while theirs is been serviced.They have courtesy cars for $35 a day but they are their own cars on their lot.
The only reason I took my car to holden because it is still under warranty.I will do the services myself once the warranty finishes,at least then i will know it is done properly.