Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Fuel Gauge Problem

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
apparently the things have been happening in the cadillac cts,with our hfv6 190, the problem is the fuel sender unit.

R

RKZ234

brettsv6 said:
apparently the things have been happening in the cadillac cts,with our hfv6 190, the problem is the fuel sender unit.

So the Yanks can identify the fault with our HFV6 190, but Holden Australia who make it and have the 190 and the 175 fitted locally can't!

:confused: WTF is going on at Holden?

Complacency and arrogance quickly come to mind.

Utester

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series II Monaro CV8 Redhot
old mans ute said:
Anyone want to join in on the action

I recommend evryone with a problem phones Holden Customer Care and talk with the same guy who is dealing with my complaint, Darren Ph: 1800 033 349
If the same person gets several people with the same complaint they may start to believe what we are telling them!

steane

Reaction score
Website
www.carupdate.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Maloo 6spd
Troy711 said:
well apparently mine is now fixed. they pulled out the fuel tank and changed the float level or some crap. i will let you all know how it goes over the next few weeks :)

I had this done to mine and while it seemed to make a small difference at first I am now convinced it was just a case of too little sleep and too much coffee on my part combined with a smattering of wishfull thinking.

But best of luck with it, I hope they manage to do a better job with yours.

Buy new commodore ute - :D
Own new commodore ute - :b:
Sell new commodore ute - :king:

V

VZSSUTE

smpeno said:
i have a vz s pack ute and the other day the empty warning came on and i had 70 kms to go which is about 8 litres in the tank but i only put in 44 litres.

i havent worked out how accurate the L/100kms is but in the motor mag the said is was roughly 2 litres out. i wouldnt use it as a accurate measurement but more of a guide to the different amounts of fuel used at different speeds and gears.

my fuel gauge seems to move only when u turn the car off and then on again. when your driving u dont notice it move.

there definitely is a problem a accuracy problem with the gauge but nothin to cry over.
Yes I have a starndard VZ ute and have the same problem. I have had it back to Holden 3 times but they are unable to rectify it? They do acknowledge that it is a problem.

C

commodore_vy

its just f*$Ked

My gauge is rooted....and if you read my posts from before it has been from day one.....the blokes had another go at fixing it and yep you guessed it.....its "FIXED" again...haha what a joke.....ive just got a solution to this...i bought a separate fuel guage from a boat shop....installed it and now when i go to the deal i say...have another go at fixing it and i want the same reading from the dash as this guage......its got em stumped

Utester

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series II Monaro CV8 Redhot
commodore_vy said:
its just f*$Ked

My gauge is rooted....and if you read my posts from before it has been from day one.....the blokes had another go at fixing it and yep you guessed it.....its "FIXED" again...haha what a joke.....ive just got a solution to this...i bought a separate fuel guage from a boat shop....installed it and now when i go to the deal i say...have another go at fixing it and i want the same reading from the dash as this guage......its got em stumped

Are you serious, did you really fit an additional fuel gauge?
If so, how did you wire it and does it read correct?

Boeing777

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Thunder SV6 Ute
Yeah that seems like a plan!! I got a courtesy call from my dealer just to let me know that they're still investigating the problem...oh well not much else to do.