Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Head & Tail Lights

flightpath

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Executive
Hey everyone just had a quick question I needed answering.
Just wondering if anyone can lead me to a good place to buy aftermarket head and tail lights for a VZ Executive.

I've seen a few "Altezza" brand lights, they look great but not sure if they're legit...
Any help at all will be great, thanks :)

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Holmart
Just Commodore spares
NVU
JHP
Rare Spares

Or just check ebay from time to time.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Just wondering if anyone can lead me to a good place to buy aftermarket head and tail lights for a VZ Executive.

I've seen a few "Altezza" brand lights, they look great but not sure if they're legit...

Any (ANY) modification(s), unless approved to ADR standards, that change/alter/modify any aspect of your vehicle from the ADR standards/requirements that existed at the time of manufacture of your vehicle are ILLEGAL.[/U][/B] ALL lights fitted originally to your vehicle had to comply with ADR (Australian Design Regulations) so any changes yo make must comply with the original specifications - unless you manage to obtain an Engineers Report/Certification.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
Any (ANY) modification(s), unless approved to ADR standards, that change/alter/modify any aspect of your vehicle from the ADR standards/requirements that existed at the time of manufacture of your vehicle are ILLEGAL.[/U][/B] ALL lights fitted originally to your vehicle had to comply with ADR (Australian Design Regulations) so any changes yo make must comply with the original specifications - unless you manage to obtain an Engineers Report/Certification.

For Gods sakes, post something constructive & not rubbish.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS

I suppose next you are going to give the guy a lecture on fog/driving light use or HIDs?

Answer the question or don't post.

To the OP:
Paul has set you on the right path. I don't know of anyone at the moment producing aftermarket headlights so you would be best off getting some SS/Calais/HSV spec ones.

Chris92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Is this ben guy serious? the only posts i've seen him make are telling people that they shouldnt do **** because its illegal and that we are the cause for road accidents? get a life pig

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6

As has been mentioned, go for SS/Calais/HSV VZ Headlights. For tailights you want VZ SS, Calais are different, not sure on HSV.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
Paul has set you on the right path. I don't know of anyone at the moment producing aftermarket headlights so you would be best off getting some SS/Calais/HSV spec ones.

Thanx Troy

Is this ben guy serious? the only posts i've seen him make are telling people that they shouldnt do **** because its illegal and that we are the cause for road accidents? get a life pig

Yeah he's useless, if its something to do with modifing a car, he types that s**t.

VZ-Rob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZS-Ute06
For Gods sakes, post something constructive & not rubbish.
:rofl2: Ditto
I went to holparts in Moorabbin Vic for lights
Off topic
Black roof lining pics? easy? what did you use
my interior is all black with cream roof-lining :eek:

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
Paul has given you the best list for them, but currently for a VZ, there isn't much choice.

There's two styles of Altezza taillights, and they'll only fit VY Exec, Acclaim, S, SV8 and SS, and VZ SV6, SV8 and SS. The only real option for a VZ Exec is a set of Berlina or Calais taillights, either VY or VZ, as they are a bigger lense. To get Altezza lights, you'd need to change the rear bumper.

As for headlights, I don't think there are any aftermarket style lenses. VZ Berlina or Calais, again, are probably the only option to change to.

Just food for thought, done the research myself