Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Headunit to amp. . . . ??

tunner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ tonner
Hey guys, i have a blaupunkt single disc head unit and some fusion speakers in the doors (its a ute so no rear speakers). I wanna install an amp to beef my speakers up, and maaaayyyyybbeeeeeee put a sub in there some stage down the track. . all whilst keeping the Blaupunkt unit. speakers are 240w, 110wRMS 6.5inch.
Any help in selecting a suitable amp, and wiring it up to the HU is muchly appreciated. Or any alternative options. . .

cheers

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
ASR combo kit and done :) comes with 2 pairs of RCA's outputs front and rear u can have just that or in the combo kit u can have a 3.5mm auxilary socket added 2 the unit aswell.

beauzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Monaro v2
Anything larger than the capacity of the speakers will be good as you can always turn the amp down. If i were you i would be using a 2 channel amp and the main focus would be fitting it under your passenger seat (driver seat having electric motors under there, it is not possible.)
This way you can power your speakers and if you want to ad a sub later all you have to do is plug it in to your existing amp.

tunner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ tonner
Yea thats what i was thinkin beauzo. . my main trouble is connecting it all to the head unit. The ASR gear sounds like the go, is it DIY-able?? whats involved in installing the RCA outputs??? i cant exactly get ASR to install it for me.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
If your very good with a soldering iron you can do it yourself, otherwise you post your H/U down to ASR and Greg does the work and posts it back.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Ditch the crap factory head unit to start with and speakers will sound better , even if they are Fusions ...

I'm running stock head unit with the RCA mod and everything sounds perfect - there's nothing wrong with the stocker, anything else just cheapens the interior.

tunner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ tonner
Im a tradesman mate, im pretty good with my hands haha. What do i need to solder and where to??

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Contact Pheddy 4 a DYI kit, its not really that hard at all but if ur not confident then post it 2 him. he does come up ur way somtimes but waiting can b frustrating as he needs a fair amount of interest up that way 2 make it a worth while road trip.

tunner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ tonner
yeaaaa think ill give him a bell and find out the details