Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ heater not working

Summer-Sickness

2005 VZ EXEC
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
hey guys havin problems with the heater in my VZ exec, when i turn it on it blows out cold air for atleast the first 10-15 mins of my trip, after this it becomes a tolerable temperature but still isnt as hot as it should be or used to be last winter, the heat is only tolerable on fan speeds 1 and 2, but when i turn it higher its as if the fan is blowing out air too quickly for the amount of heat being generated so its feels cold again.

The temp guage takes its time moving up and basically peaks at about 1/4 way (not sure whether its normal or not). i just wanna know where i should start lookin and what to check, ive had a read of some other threads and from what ive read i hope its not the thermostat coz it sounds like a mission to change in the alloytech.

oh and between last winter and this winter i crashed my car n the damage was all front end, pretty sure the radiator was replaced.

any help would be appreciated and let me know if more info is needed.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
It does sound like the thermostat is suck open and letting the coolant flow too fast through the system.

fraudie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
My temp gauge generally sits at a 1/4 as well but it doesn't seem to affect the climate control.
Is it normal for it sit at a 1/4?