Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz ign barrell

05red vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ute
i know this has been gone over lots , but i cant find the problem i have in the posts.
insert the key engine starts fine, but when you turn the engine off and return the key to the insert position , it will not turn forward to re start . you have to remove the key , reinsert it and it will start fine . pain in the ass if you stall the vehicle or it stops, and have to do this process to restart. any help will be appreciated

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
you don t need to hold the key on to start the engine, when you hear it crank take your hand of the key... maby that got something to do with it
trouble is i do same when i get into the vs and it stops cranking you got hold the key on to it starts

MaxVZSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS - S1 - 6 Speed Manual
Yeah I get the exact same in my VZ, I haven't owned the car for long but I just figured it was normal

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I don't know if there is a problem , but the above comments are not 'normal' on mine.
Turn key to start, turn off, turn key to start.

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
you don t need to hold the key on to start the engine, when you hear it crank take your hand of the key... maby that got something to do with it
trouble is i do same when i get into the vs and it stops cranking you got hold the key on to it starts

This is not correct for the VZ model range, you have to hold the key in the start position to keep it cranking.
The VE was the first commodore to have the auto crank feature when you turned the key to the start position.

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
i have a 2006 crewman cranks over heaps somtimes other times starts straight away eny ideas guys thanks

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
This is not correct for the VZ model range, you have to hold the key in the start position to keep it cranking.
The VE was the first commodore to have the auto crank feature when you turned the key to the start position.
Sorry people, that is incorrect.
All 3 of our VZ's, 2004, 2006, and 2007 have auto crank, so no need to hold the key.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400

ours is a 05 executive defiantly has it and you can turn it of and restart it without removing the key so there something wrong with the ops car, wonder if the key battery is getting low