Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Instrument Clusters

Gordon VZ ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute commodore
Can I replace the cluster in my 2007 SVZ Ute with a SSVZ cluster. Mine has AEM 92191125 level 1 Sport on the back and the SS cluster is DX 92121928 level 1 SS Bermuda Blue it’s brand new and was told I only need to reprogram it to suit with Tech 2.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You can replace it with any VZ cluster. V6 or V8 of any trim level. You can use a Calais or Caprice cluster if you want. As long as it’s VZ.

Any replacement cluster needs to be set up for your vehicle. Envyous Customs in WA or LSxtreme in Vic.

They will tell you what they need from you and you provide it and you post it to them.

You can’t just chuck another one it as it’s illegal to alter the kms from what the car actually has. It can’t be hidden either. A simple use of engineers mode will show the VIN of the car the cluster it is from if you don’t set it up for your car. So do the right thing and set it up for your car.

Also airbag warnings can occur and inaccurate fuel gauge readings. All can be changed to suit your car.

Gordon VZ ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute commodore
Thanks mate, can you also tell me weather or not the auto select (paddle shift) will still work and show on the SS cluster.

Gordon VZ ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Ute commodore
You can replace it with any VZ cluster. V6 or V8 of any trim level. You can use a Calais or Caprice cluster if you want. As long as it’s VZ.

Any replacement cluster needs to be set up for your vehicle. Envyous Customs in WA or LSxtreme in Vic.

They will tell you what they need from you and you provide it and you post it to them.

You can’t just chuck another one it as it’s illegal to alter the kms from what the car actually has. It can’t be hidden either. A simple use of engineers mode will show the VIN of the car the cluster it is from if you don’t set it up for your car. So do the right thing and set it up for your car.

Also airbag warnings can occur and inaccurate fuel gauge readings. All can be changed to suit your car.
Thanks mate, can you also tell me if the auto select (paddle shift) will still work and show on the SS cluster.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
All the same. As I said, it has to be set up for your car and once done it’s all the same.