Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ interior light malfunction

muney

On Da West Side
Reaction score
Members Ride
SVZ wagon
hey guys..
just got back from getting my sunroof installed (webasto)...great sunroof but the problem is this..one the SVZ (wagon) the interior light was originally at the front between the sun visors..so what they had to do was disconnect it and put another interior light (VX acclaim with map lights) in the middle of the roof (where it normally goes)..
now the problem is none of the interior lights come on when you unlock the car ..only when you want to manually turn it on.. does anyone know how i can fix this..the previous light was the one with the flip down sun visor holder..and it was working before the sunroof went in..the installer spent some time in sussing this out but to no avail..now im left with no interior lights going on when the door is unlocked..the SVZ also has the rear lights over the rear doors..
can someone tell me what wires need connecting to what?? i would love to have a go myself

cheers

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
if they just extend the wires from the original plug there should not be a problem. just pop out the light and you should have three wires. one with constant 12v, one that will get power when you open the doors and a negative or ground wire

muney

On Da West Side
Reaction score
Members Ride
SVZ wagon
nafeen,

apparently the VT light has 4 wires and the VZ lighting loom has 5 (green,white,blue,red,red with black strip) what i need to know is what wires from the VT marry up to the above 5 wires from the VZ..
i do notice however that the VZ has an extra set of lights for the rear doors making it 3 courtesy lights in total (centre, rear LH and rear RH)
can someone pls help!
cheers

=SKB=

Reaction score
Have you asked the guy that installed your sun roof?

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
ok this is a guess but its a starting point at least. as said before you "should" have the constant power, a door sensing wire and a negaitive. the other wires may be the two links wires to the rear lights.

pop out the rear lights and have a look and what wires you have there. hopefully one wire on each side should matchn wat your have up the front on the vz harness, its possible that in the vx they used a single wire and in th vz they used two seperate wire to each light.

muney

On Da West Side
Reaction score
Members Ride
SVZ wagon
Have you asked the guy that installed your sun roof?

yes i have..and he told me before he did the job that he's never retro fitted an interior light before..and either he can get a auto sparky to do it or i can get my own..im thinking it cant be 2 hard and someone on here might have the solution