Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz lost started splattering and lost power

Daniel1998

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz executive s1
Hey guys...

Just wondering if anyone might have any idea on what happened to my vz, when I have been driving I accelerate and my car starts spluttering and then all of a sudden I lost complete power and when I accelerated I wouldn't move and then I tried to turn the car back on and it would start but then die straight away.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You need to put petrol in.

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Splattering? I say, it should be spluttering.

• Ignition coils and plugs (misfiring, hesitation, stuttering)
• Fuel pump (is it noisy when starting/idling?)
• Fuel pressure regulator

My bet is with the ignition circuit and plugs/coils. First stop, an analyser at the techie's shop. With such an obvious problem with driving that analyser is likely to show one or more problems that require attention.

Daniel1998

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz executive s1
Just got my fuel pump and pressure regulator changed, if coil pack is it a big job

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
So fuel pump didn't fix it?
Coils are fairly easy it's just a pain on the alloytec you need to lift the top manifold.
It sounds more serious than coils to me unless several are really badly farked. Anyhow you can get a set online about $180 or about $60 each at supercheep a-la repco times six.
As above get it scanned first. Even supercheap will scan it for $15 and tell you what codes pop up.

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
if you have to change coil packs, do your plugs at the same time, as greenacc said ,while you have lift the inlet manifold my as well

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Taking the manifold off is really easy.
It's 6 bolts. Disconnect the hoses. Remove the throttle body. Disconnect the sensor at the back of the manifold. Lift off.
You might need a new manifold gasket.

Swan Ignition Coils

Reaction score
Website
acaparts.com.au
Members Ride
Commodore VC-VF
if you have to change coil packs, do your plugs at the same time, as greenacc said ,while you have lift the inlet manifold my as well

Yes I would replace sparks if I was to replace coils, may as well do the whole job once and the sparks aren't that expensive. I would go for NGK sparks.

I've noticed from my customer's experiences that it's best to change all coils rather than just one at a time, as the others usually follow.

Regarding coils bought from Supercheap, they are well overpriced while Repco stock mediocre quality coils, being in the industry I'm aware of the coils on the market and what they are worth.