Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ lumina aftermarket lights

bluc

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz lumina
Wondering has anyone done after market lights in the vz series commodore hid/xenon/stock lights with spot lights? Any legal issues with fitting xenon or hid lights will I run into any problems is there limits to how many watts the bulbs can be? Is it a major job fitting hid's? I realise spot light need to only work with high beam. Trying to decide between stock lights and spot lights or hid/xenon bulbs. Stock lights are decent but would like a bit more light for highway driving.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Whatever you decide upon, you will need to comply with ALL ADR's (Australian Design Rules) - to do otherwise will render your vehicle as unroadworthy (obviously for on-road usage) and probably attract the attention of authorities. Furthermore HID's and poorly designed LED's may create intense light output that can be a hazard and bloody nuisance to other road users. Unless you want to incur the wrath of others - think carefully before you decide. Why not legally upgrade the existing globes in your headlights (particularly for low beam usage) and remain legal and in favour with other road users !
As for highway/country driving, installation of driving lights can be very advantageous and if wired correctly - legal. Remember it is illegal to activate high beam within the perimeters of a town or municipality - in other words - anywhere there are residential areas.

bluc

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz lumina
I have every intention of doing it legally and no desire to break the law or attract attention. Didnt know there was any problem with hid or xenon from "other drivers" perspective. How do I find out what I can legally do. I dont need lights like a roo shooters 4x4 with huge spot light but would like an improvement for highway use. I would have thought boosting low beam would have been more of an annoyance to other drivers(mostly used round town) then high beam mods which are used on highway.