Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ lumina front speakers. Splits?

bluc

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz lumina
Hey all anyone know if the vz lumina 2005 model has split speakers in the front? Tweeters in dash? Looking at replacing stock audio and wondering what my options are.

HowMat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
G'day mate! They do! I was shocked to find out a few weeks ago when doing my install that there are in fact tweeters in that dash, (obviously shocking) as I told my mate there aren't any, then when pulling the cover off we both looked at each other in astonishment, good luck with the install mate! And if you're good with a drill and patience, it's really easy to get after market tweeters to match and fit to the standard brackets etc. (depending on the size of the tweeter of course) :)

bluc

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz lumina
Ok cool thanks anything to look out for when buying splits to ensure they will fit in stock location? Or do you pretty much have to make mounts anyway. Are all tweeters the same size in the component/splits range?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Pretty much all tweeters will fit back in there. Only the unusually oversized ones I have had to either bend the OEM bracket or use a piece of back strap to make my own.

Mounting is easy. The OEM tweeters have a single located behind them. You can usually use one of the screws that come with your speakers with one of the speed nuts to hold it onto the OEM bracket at the perfect angle.

bluc

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz lumina
Pretty much all tweeters will fit back in there. Only the unusually oversized ones I have had to either bend the OEM bracket or use a piece of back strap to make my own.

Mounting is easy. The OEM tweeters have a single located behind them. You can usually use one of the screws that come with your speakers with one of the speed nuts to hold it onto the OEM bracket at the perfect angle.

Awesome thanks. Wondering is sony brand speakers/amps/hu any good? Not wanted to blow my windows out or enter any competitions just looking for bang for buck stuff and a decent improvement over stock system. Opinions appreciated.cheers

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Sony went downhill for a number of years. They're finally picking their game up. I'm happy to suggest their headunit again but I've still found the remainder of their products leave a lot to be desired for the money spent. Shopping around and going through catalogues can often net you some great bargains. Especially at jb HiFi...

bluc

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz lumina
Ok thanks found a Sony head unit I liked and sore some nice looking component Sony speakers might go with the Sony head unit and stick with my original plan of pioneer/alpine speakers and amp. The head unit I was looking at was the SONY XAV-612BT 6.1 it has everything I want reverse camera steering wheel controls and Bluetooth hands free text/calls and audio streaming and seems to be a decent price. Will keep my eyes on catalogues for specials also. Be couple months yet till I purchase want to make sure I get it right first time.

bluc

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz lumina
One other question are the front splits 6" or 6.5" have read conflicting info(my commodore ids the lumina 2005) have read with modification 6.5" will fit with but I want a straight forward as possible installation without modding the standard stuff (with exception perhaps of some dynamat) cheers