Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz maloo

VUte89

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 vz Maloo :)
Hey there I'm looking at getting a vz maloo just wanted to know if there is anything I should look out for or be cautious of Cheers

azazeldeath

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Holden Commodore Wagon w/3.8L Buick
The price, they are still pretty expensive. Though the VZ Maloo is one hell of a car. Infact its my dream car (it just beats the Dodge Charger for the win).

If you can afford one you wont be disappointed and if you are you can have my Crewman ill have the Maloo :p

VUte89

Reaction score
Members Ride
I got one!! About a month ago. 06, 6speed, 125xxx, phantom black. For 27k even the car yard said he regrets putting it up for so cheap haha. Couldn't be happier :) il have her till me or her dies lol

jacko2

Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 LS3 R8
I got one!! About a month ago. 06, 6speed, 125xxx, phantom black. For 27k even the car yard said he regrets putting it up for so cheap haha. Couldn't be happier :) il have her till me or her dies lol

you call that cheap :hmmm:

Pretty good cars mate but they are wayyy overpriced for what they are

VUte89

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well just about all the maloos I looked at on the net were about 30 or more there were cheaper ones but had heaps of kms or weren't series 2 or too far away lol. might sound a little fussy hahaha. I noticed that vz clubbies were cheaper then maloos though

jacko2

Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 LS3 R8
i understand its not a VZ maloo, but i bought my current VY clubby for $18000 with 120,000km on it, single owner and straight as a dime. it was advertised for 24, i rang the bloke and offered him 18. He said no, i said to call me back when you want 18. a month later he called me back and now i have it. It's a buyers market. I believe maloos are overrated, the sedans are much more usable, actually handle well and are alot cheaper. depends if you want the whole, "im cool i have a maloo" factor. i don't believe they are $12000 better than a vy clubby.

azazeldeath

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Holden Commodore Wagon w/3.8L Buick
depends if you want the whole, "im cool i have a maloo" factor. i don't believe they are $12000 better than a vy clubby.

Some people prefer utes over sedans. I would chose a ute over a sedan any day. I would choose a Maloo over a Monaro as well.

The Maloo according to Holden actually has more power than the clubsport as well, only about 20kw extra though.

But the end of the day it comes down to preference. And the main reason people buy clubbies up here is to be 'cool'. Tradies by Maloos to use as work cars AND have fun which for them is more usable.

VUte89

Reaction score
Members Ride
The whole reason of having a Hsv is for the "cool factor" hahaha I think you might be shocked to find out that the devil yellow ones go for 40 and that's coz they are limited edition soooo in that case it's really overpriced. I'm definitely not into sedans it's wagons and utes for me