Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ middle seat baby anchor point

MzJatz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sedan
Hey all,

So i need to put a new baby seat in my sedan. I have an 2006 vz sedan.
I have two car seats in already on either side with anchor points, but the middle one has like a compartment in the parcel tray. Its like there was a compartment there but the insert or cover has been removed. Im wondering if this was an anchor point or will i have to get something installed there?
Its not a major concern as i will be removing one of the side seats and unfortunately meaning that only one of my girls will come in the car when my newborn is in the car.

Im currently at work but i will try to get a photo to add to this so it make so much more sense.
Not overly concerned as honestly my car has so many problems that i prob wont have it for too long, just getting the money to replace it with another car or finding the money to fix her, so i was just curious about the above.

Thank you to anyone that replies or might have an idea of what the hell im actually trying to explain haha

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
First up, make sure whatever you do is ultra safe for your children.

Check the parcel shelf for any sign of an anchor point.
If nothing there then
Being hands on I would drill a hole in the parcel shelf
(from inside the boot and don't hit the glass when the drill breaks through)
then fit a bolt and nut with washer on top and 75x50x8mm plate under the shelf.
The plate under the shelf is same as required when fitting different seats (in Qld at least) so should suffice for an anchor point.
Use a 10mm bolt and nut to hold the anchor point.

I very much doubt anyone in the trade would do this work for you as they would not want to take the responsibility should anything go wrong.
If in doubt I am sure up here RACQ (NRMA In NSW) would either do it or recommend someone but the question would be if you could afford them.

Come back if you don't understand.
You don't want to get something like this wrong.

MzJatz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sedan
First up, make sure whatever you do is ultra safe for your children.

Check the parcel shelf for any sign of an anchor point.
If nothing there then
Being hands on I would drill a hole in the parcel shelf
(from inside the boot and don't hit the glass when the drill breaks through)
then fit a bolt and nut with washer on top and 75x50x8mm plate under the shelf.
The plate under the shelf is same as required when fitting different seats (in Qld at least) so should suffice for an anchor point.
Use a 10mm bolt and nut to hold the anchor point.

I very much doubt anyone in the trade would do this work for you as they would not want to take the responsibility should anything go wrong.
If in doubt I am sure up here RACQ (NRMA In NSW) would either do it or recommend someone but the question would be if you could afford them.

Come back if you don't understand.
You don't want to get something like this wrong.
Thanks,
Ill try and get a photo this arvo so you can see what i mean by the compartment.
I would have no issues doing the DIY part if need be, Just unsure as to have it centre it would have to be in the compartment section and thats what im more concerned about. As having it like the two on the sides would mean it wouldnt be centre and that i dont like. I am in NSW for reference as well. I do wish all the states were the same so it would make things alot easier haha.

Ill upload a photo to this thread just after 4pm when i finish work as i don't want to walk to my car during my break as im heavily pregnant and its quite a walk haha

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
There is three anchor points. I’ll post the details later on.

Congratulations, though if you are heavily pregnant, you would be over it by now.

MzJatz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sedan
There is three anchor points. I’ll post the details later on.

Congratulations, though if you are heavily pregnant, you would be over it by now.
Thank you, I am so over it haha, But only have to get through till Monday then in for surgery i go haha

Thank you ill also post a photo once i get back to the car this afternoon.

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
Get it checked and installed somewhere, sounds like a father figure is already lacking. A forum isn't the next best spot, if you indeed are expected to do it yourself.

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thank you, I am so over it haha, But only have to get through till Monday then in for surgery i go haha

Thank you ill also post a photo once i get back to the car this afternoon.
It's all pretty easy. You can get the baby seat installed for a fee by Baby Bunting. They do it there. Takes 15 mins.

You remove the plastic things in the shelf. They unscrew. The bolts for the seat anchors then screw in at the three locations. Flip the lid back for access to the centre one. These are designed for car seats. They are reinforced and meet standards for seat anchors. No drilling required. It’s all there ready to use.
IMG_5546.jpeg

The baby seat will have the fixings if it’s new. You can also buy the fixings for it. They are generic.

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
We used a little mirror that angled so we could see our babies in the rear view mirror.
Three kids in the back is not an issue unless one is naughty and they can go in the boot or walk home.