Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ middle seat baby anchor point

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Never DIY drill a baby seat anchor point. Factory ones are reinforced and designed for it.
If in doubt, get locations check by a baby bunting, a police or fire station. If it's an older car, pre 80s it may not have all 3.

Engineering joints are the only ones that should be doing this.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Never DIY drill a baby seat anchor point. Factory ones are reinforced and designed for it.
If in doubt, get locations check by a baby bunting, a police or fire station. If it's an older car, pre 80s it may not have all 3.

Engineering joints are the only ones that should be doing this.

Assuming that is directed at me, let's agree to disagree and let's also be honest and say common sense goes a long way.
But of course common sense is not very common these days.

What you say is akin to only allowing engineers to swap seats from different cars/models, and fitting retractor seat belts where lap sash are installed

These questions are asked regularly on this and other forums.

As pointed out by Fu man, there should be an anchor point there, however, if not, then I would much rather trust my own common sense and experience than trust a firey or police officer with something like this.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Assuming that is directed at me, let's agree to disagree and let's also be honest and say common sense goes a long way.
But of course common sense is not very common these days.

What you say is akin to only allowing engineers to swap seats from different cars/models, and fitting retractor seat belts where lap sash are installed

These questions are asked regularly on this and other forums.

As pointed out by Fu man, there should be an anchor point there, however, if not, then I would much rather trust my own common sense and experience than trust a firey or police officer with something like this.

Common sense ain't common any more, that why wrappers have labels that state do not eat. Saying on an open forum to diy drill safety anchors for a kids seat isn't safe.

Fitting seats and fitting anchor points are not the same thing. Anyone not comfortable fitting a seat shouldn't be self installing an anchor point.

There are companies that know how to install seats, if anyone is unsure it's best to see them.

We've all done some technically unsafe mods, but not when it it comes to your child's life and you could be charged if anything were to happen ina crash.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
There is three anchor points there. All three designed into the car.

Remove the two plastic plug looking things on the parcel shelf. One each side. They unscrew from the threaded captured nut in it. The centre anchor point is located under that lid in the centre. Pop it up, there’s the anchor point.

Fixings can be bought as a set from car parts shops and baby bunting. Places like that.

Back 10years ago we paid $75 to have some certified to install them. Probably $150 now. You don’t need to have some qualified to do it. It’s just good to be able to get someone else to do it if your not sure, time poor, never put a car seat in, or what ever.

It was a tough pill for me to swallow because I can pull a car apart and rebuild it with my eyes shut. Time. Time was not on our side and leaving to someone who wasn’t a mechanically inept muppet, to do it. It was a job I didn’t have to worry about.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I should add that VE is the same. Maybe VF but that might use ISO fix.

MzJatz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sedan
Hey, so I don’t have the cover to just remove, I have a gap which im hoping is where the anchor point does go in just wanting to confirm this. The sides ones dont have covers so this is why it was a little confusing and wanting to get some clarification.

Father isn’t lacking he just knows maybe 1% about cars where I know much more ive been showing him -not that he drives anyways n if he did it wld rarely happen cuz I like driving too much to give up that to sit in the passenger seat . I’ve maintained my own cars and worked on them as well for years. So no need to bag out the father he just isn’t into cars or anything like that.

Im just wanting to clarify if i can put the anchor point in this gap or if i will need something else done. As i am heavy pregnant it is hard for me to get inbetween both car seats and have a proper look at it, and if i asked my partner as stated above knowing nothing he wouldnt be able to tell me what i need to know.

Attachments

• IMG_2851.jpeg
    IMG_2851.jpeg
    238.6 KB · Views: 37

MzJatz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sedan
It's all pretty easy. You can get the baby seat installed for a fee by Baby Bunting. They do it there. Takes 15 mins.

You remove the plastic things in the shelf. They unscrew. The bolts for the seat anchors then screw in at the three locations. Flip the lid back for access to the centre one. These are designed for car seats. They are reinforced and meet standards for seat anchors. No drilling required. It’s all there ready to use.
View attachment 262981
The baby seat will have the fixings if it’s new. You can also buy the fixings for it. They are generic.
This photo does help as it looks the same i just dont have the cover and i was a little stumped if it was where it was meant to go or not.
The two sides ones i installed myself as they were like this photo just holes so i installed the anchor points.
I have no issues doing this myself as i have for the other two and my first was over 3 years ago, My car will be sat for 8 weeks as i will not be able to drive anywhere after my surgury so time isnt going to be an issue. i just wanted to make sure it was where it was meant to go before i installed it then realised it was for something else or in the wrong spot as it is further back then the side ones and this throw me off a little.

MzJatz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sedan
We used a little mirror that angled so we could see our babies in the rear view mirror.
Three kids in the back is not an issue unless one is naughty and they can go in the boot or walk home.
Haha love this, My girls are generally good in the car but with a new one we shall see how that goes as my eldest has started to become naughty now and sometimes really tests my patience, thats for sure.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
In regards to non baby stuff, get a battery charger. Keep that battery well charged over the 8 weeks.

Post up for advice on that. The crew here will make it easy to do.
I would also run the car at least once a week. Just have it idle in the drive for 10mins.

MzJatz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Sedan
In regards to non baby stuff, get a battery charger. Keep that battery well charged over the 8 weeks.

Post up for advice on that. The crew here will make it easy to do.
I would also run the car at least once a week. Just have it idle in the drive for 10mins.
Yeah ive done it twice now when my other kids where born, i go out regularly to the car and honestly do small maintenance on it while its off the road for the 8 weeks, my bro also comes round once a week and takes it for a drive to make sure ill it will be up and running when im able to drive again.