Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ mirror question

vr_owner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 3.8lt executive
Hi all,

is it possible to remove the painted part of a mirror that matches the car?

Kingcarl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sv6 series II MY 12.5
Hi all,

is it possible to remove the painted part of a mirror that matches the car?
Yes mate you certainly can however I wouldn't recommend it as they clip on very tight and you run a high risk of breaking clips on the cover itself. If you are replacing it with another cover then yeah no probs.

vr_owner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 3.8lt executive
hey mate, i have 2 mirrors - one on the car which the base is damaged due to a handicapped person having a fit and decided to damage the shiny car in the parking lot :|
so i bought a 2nd mirror off ebay but the pics showed no damage but then i got it, and theres marks all over it
am hoping someone has a guide on how to change it :|

Kingcarl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sv6 series II MY 12.5
hey mate, i have 2 mirrors - one on the car which the base is damaged due to a handicapped person having a fit and decided to damage the shiny car in the parking lot :|
so i bought a 2nd mirror off ebay but the pics showed no damage but then i got it, and theres marks all over it
am hoping someone has a guide on how to change it :|
Lol that's unlucky!
Easy job mate there should be something on here about it. Remove door trim then easy from there.
But if you want to have a crack at just the cover leave it on the car just be gentle.
The older they get the more fragile they become.

vr_owner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 3.8lt executive
Lol that's unlucky!
Easy job mate there should be something on here about it. Remove door trim then easy from there.
But if you want to have a crack at just the cover leave it on the car just be gentle.
The older they get the more fragile they become.

it was one of those situations,where you jsut have to stand back and be like ..... ok then. just wished he didnt break my wiper arms - his carers couldn't hold him back :(

Kingcarl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sv6 series II MY 12.5
it was one of those situations,where you jsut have to stand back and be like ..... ok then. just wished he didnt break my wiper arms - his carers couldn't hold him back :(
Ah ok well that is just bloody sad mate........not much you can do.