Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz Misfire

vr_owner

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 3.8lt executive
Matts right the first thing some c*nts do is guess and blame plugs since iridium plugs have been around its rarely plugs if you go some where and they look at it for 20 seconds and say we'll replace this or that go some where else as they will keep guessing until they find it which will empty your wallet .
So who is doing **** work that is bleeding people dry anyways?
hey mate, from memory the standard plugs are platnium or copper, it took me a while to find iridium ac delco plugs,. but id never look back

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
All I was getting at is I see heaps of old mechanics that know sfa about modern efi start by changing plugs half the time they take out iridium plugs that have done <15000 k's and put the cheapest possible plug back but haven't fixed the issue .

Wats_in_a_name

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
That sounds absolutely crap what that mechanic has done. It makes me wonder what the hell they did to it now that it's driving worse. With regards to a fix, if the "check powertrain" warning came on, that could be any number of issues. To find the problem I would say that it must be scanned for fault codes, otherwise it could be guesswork and spending money and still not fix the problem. In my case when I got the " check powertrain warning" it turned out to be a dodgy fuel injector. My mechanic replaced it and it was a $210 fix. Hopefully yours is not expensive. With regards to the mechanic charging you, as others have said it doesn't seem right to charge you for fixes that weren't required in the first place and made the car worse

ar5boosted

Reaction score
Website
www.ar5boosted
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Don't panic just yet, the logical other alternative is that it's the Camshaft Position Sensor failing. That will easily explain the misfire.

Maui8515

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hi mate did you end up finding what the issue was?