Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Monaro front ends

stovepipe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
Has anyone put a VZ front bar on their VT-VX / VU? Looking at getting one to replace my damaged VU SS bumper. Hoping others have done it and can share some experience/tips/issues they ran into.

Mostly I'd just like to see some photos of how it turned out.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It’s the best looking front end of that whole series in my opinion.
You need lights too, the bottom inner corners are a bit different. Might be corrected on that.
The bar fits up to the car fine. Same guards and bonnet as VT/X.
You will need to make a patch loom for the bars lighting.

Doc59

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro
True about the lights, only fitted to the VZ and the Coupe 4 to my understanding. I'm thinking of getting a spare set before they disappear forever.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Or get the VZ Monaro front bar, but get the VT corners plastiwelded in. Much cheaper solution

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
If you were to have the inner corners of the VZ Monaro bar cut out, have the same bit from your VT bar plastiwelded in.

Plasti-welding is welding with plastic. It’s a thing.

Once the inner corners are changed, your VT Headlights will fit the bar.
It’s an ever so slight difference in headlight shape in that spot.

Otherwise, you need to source VZ Monaro headlights to get the bar to fit properly. $$$$$

Doc59

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro
Nah, thats a bad idea, better off just sticking to any other bar that fits. :) (Be nice you blokes, VZ Monaro bits are getting hard enough to find now and I might need a new bar one day )

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Otherwise, you need to source VZ Monaro headlights to get the bar to fit properly. $$$$$

Available now from Holmart. Just $338 each ...................... cheap as chips bargain ............... or find a wrecked VZ.
As OPs location is shown as 'Australia', helping him to find a wrecked VZ is like chucking darts blindfolded.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Available now from Holmart. Just $338 each ...................... cheap as chips bargain ............... or find a wrecked VZ.
As OPs location is shown as 'Australia', helping him to find a wrecked VZ is like chucking darts blindfolded.

More a case of him picking up the paper or phone book and ringing a wrecker/looking in classifieds for one being wrecked...

If he is online, scumtree/ebay or fookbook market place are the places to look...

Having a location would be easier, as our community might know where one is close by to him

stovepipe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS
Yep yep yep OK. I'm in melbourne, but original post was more a general question about has anyone done it, rather than asking where to go. Basically I saw the bumper, thought it looked good, wanted to see if other people have put it on to see how it turned out and if there were headaches.

Found a place in melbourne that fits, paints the bar and other bits and pieces, excl headlights for $3600 or so. Then the VZ monaro lights for another 970 or something. So bit under $5k all up for them to do the lot. Too much $$$$$$ for my old VU.

Any other cool front bars?