Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz monaro lights

bradvt98

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt executive
i need to buy a set of vz monaro lights but i've been told there are two different types available cv8z ones and the monaro ones has anyone come across them and know what the difference betwen the two is ??

thanks in advance

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
there is the pre vz lights which are basicly vt lights

and the vz ones which they called the "pointer" headlight, which has a sharper angle closest to the holden badge. these headlight you need the monaro front bar as it will leave a gap on the vt model bars.

bradvt98

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt executive
yeah i should of mentioned i do have a vz monaro front bar but i now need the lights to match :thumbsup: but there are 2 to pick from both the same shape light but there must be some other difference with them ???

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
hey mate, im going through the process of getting some for my vt at the moment and have done a bit of research. there are the altezza lights (fake) avaiable for about $250 if you trade in your old headlights or $440 for new ones without trading in. For the genuine ones your looking at about $700. i have found them for $500 though if your interested in the details. the VZ ones have a pointy corner on them. when looking that the fake ones u will see that the indicator area is clear however the genuine ones are slightly orange.

I will try and get some photos up when i find them so yeh let me know if u want some details of the $500 price. (holden quotes $700)

cheers,

M5VT2

nicko

Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
These are the genuine (EDIT: these are fake too, thanks evan) ones; note the indicator colour;

thumb_HEAD_LIGHT_COMMODORE_VX_2.jpg

here are some fake vt ones; note the indicator colour;

hl1.jpg

Last edited:

bradvt98

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt executive
thanks mate but i think nobody has a clue what i'm on about because they are the comlpletely wrong lights to start with let me explain better !

ok the pic below is of a vz monaro right

yes ok now i have the vz monaro front bar as far as i know THEY DO NOT MAKE AN AFTERMARKET LIGHT FOR THIS MODEL believe me i have looked so genuine is the only way to go.

A visit to motors told me that there are two types of VZ MONARO lights available for this model one is cv8z and the other is monaro ones what i'm asking is what are the differences i already have prices for both types to

thankyou hopefully that is a bit better to understand :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 2004-Holden-VZ-Monaro-Y-FA-Sunset-1024x768.jpg
    2004-Holden-VZ-Monaro-Y-FA-Sunset-1024x768.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 1,930

nicko

Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
ok so your after after market one. so ones that arent black in the background yeh???

bradvt98

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt executive
no like i said they don't make after market ones and no i want genuine ones i don't know how much easier i can explain what i mean never mind:bang:

| evaN |

mmm bass
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
These are the genuine ones; note the indicator colour;

thumb_HEAD_LIGHT_COMMODORE_VX_2.jpg

here are some fake vt ones; note the indicator colour;

hl1.jpg

Just for people who stumble across this thread, those are both fake headlights. you can tell by the bezzel around the projectors. the only reason why the bottom picture has "clear" indicators is because the indicator globe isn't even installed lol.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
no like i said they don't make after market ones and no i want genuine ones i don't know how much easier i can explain what i mean never mind:bang:

didnt no there was a difference between the cv8(normal monaro) and the cv8z(limited edtion). ill have to go look at my mates dad one but i never noticed anything before

the ones with the black scoops are cv8z. and i cant spot the difference

8669734[1].jpg

8818631[1].jpg

8595347[1].jpg

8747448[1].jpg