Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Not starting

OldMateCorza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
G'day guys, have been having a problem with getting a VZ (2006 Acclaim) started for about 2 months or so now what a shocker! Have tried all the common rounds such as: Replacing the starter motor itself (with 3 different starters) along with trying the bridging method on the starter relay on all three of the starters Gave em all a fair chance! Also attempted different batteries (A brand new one, a 9 month old one and finally the original battery in the car which was quite old). None of these proved fruitful, to go more into detail on how the starting procedure and the noises/issues that accompany goes here's the following: 1) Ill unlock the car and press unlock on the key as well and then put in the key and attempt to start the car. 2) One of two things will happen after trying to start it'll either Not crank, no start nothing no noise or on the rare occasion usually when manually bridging the relay it'll make a clunk/click noise from the engine and sometimes followed with a slight turn of the engine The pulleys will slightly turn, stop, turn a little more, stop and rinse and repeat with no start of the vehicle still. That practically sums up everything I've tried and done on the vehicle sorry if Its a mouthful to read but I wanted to describe and explain the problem best I could and everything I tried doing I appreciate ANY and all help cheers heaps guys!

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Try spinning the engine with a breaker bar.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
If you are in Perth, give Romano's Automotive a call. They are in Wangara. Rob there is a respected diagnostic wizz. Almost like a gun for hire.

Your problem will be found with evidence based data, not guesses.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
helped out recently on a mazda
no crank with key, but would crank bypassing crank relay, as long as ignition was off
ac was on with a seized compressor

OldMateCorza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
Try spinning the engine with a breaker bar.
Hey man appreciate the response, sadly im waiting on getting another breaker bar from supercheap which is gonna be at least 2-3 weeks away as i live in the outback. Ill definitely give it a go once it arrives and update my findings here. Thank you mate

OldMateCorza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
If you are in Perth, give Romano's Automotive a call. They are in Wangara. Rob there is a respected diagnostic wizz. Almost like a gun for hire.

Your problem will be found with evidence based data, not guesses.
I'd love to if I lived in the city! But im about 3 hours out from perth and any mech out here would want the car at the shop bit hard when you cant get the car there and sure as hell isnt any towing services out here hahah. Cheers anyway mate I appreciate the response

OldMateCorza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
no crank with key, but would crank bypassing crank relay, as long as ignition was off
Hey mate, ill give this a go with the keys not in and if there is any differences ill let you know should be able to give this a crack in about 2-3 hours thank you

OldMateCorza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
Hey mate, late reply soz but gave it a crack and sadly still a none runner