Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ power window noise

Dre

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV, VZ Calais
Hey, I have a VZ Calais and it's front passenger side window makes some weird noises. It works perfectly all the way up and down, but when it gets 3/4 of the way down it makes this horrible metallic sort of scraping noise which goes away before it gets to the bottom. When you move it back up, that same section squeeks, but goes away when it gets half way up. I've lubed everything I can think of but nothing is fixing it. Any ideas?

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Did you take door cover off to lube it and take a close look?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It will likely be the sliders in the track being worn. Could also be the plastic window guide. That has some felt on it. It can wear away.

Dre

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV, VZ Calais
I should have mentioned all the plastic sliders on the mech are fine and plenty lubed.

Also the sound is coming from the back of the door near the locking mechanism.

All the felt I can find feels ok and I've silicone sprayed it all.

Thanks for thingo so far.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Did you read what the OP has done or just blindly posted rubbish as per normal?
Gees yer a cranky prick at times.
Yes the OP stated he/she lubed everything they can think of but does not mean the door trim has bin removed, and, the OP STILL has not answered the question as asked by Gossie.

Dre

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV, VZ Calais
Yes the door trim has been removed (it's been off for the last week or so) and I've been looking and lubing everywhere I can possibly find.

Another thing I've noticed is if I push on the glass towards the outside of the door while it's going up or down the noise doesn't happen.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Look at the link to the interior door handle and the link from the door lock to the lock assembly.

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
Possibly has the rubber stop missing on base of frame. This is what squeals when a window is down, when rubber hardens or is dry, when it's missing, it scrapes. Be aware most VZ don't have replacement sliders available.

Dre

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV, VZ Calais
Ok after another go at it last night, its fixed. I pulled out everything that might have been rubbing on the glass around the back of the door, still noisy, put it all back then lubed the rear door guide again but put more on the part of the guide closest to the inside of the car, thats where it was dry and rubbing, noise gone, perfect!

Thanks for all the suggestions.