Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ rear bumper removal with reverse sensors

RIP 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ sedan
Had a search but couldnt really find what I was looking for.

I am going to fit a reece hitch towbar and know how to remove the rear bumper but am just wondering about the reverse sensors.

Are there clips that disconnect the sensors from the wiring??

Cheers

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Been a while since I did mine but I seem to remember push in clips on the wires.
If not, just snip the main wires (2) through the body and fit some insulated push on connectors.
If the wires are all red (think mine were) make sure you mark one wire so as to not mix them up.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I fitted the genuine kit to my VY a few years ago. There is a connector between the bumper and the body to enable quick removal.

Doc59

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Monaro
Recently fitted a Hayman Reece towbar to my VZ Monaro, as Calaber said, there is a plug in the loom between the bumper and body. You'll see it when you get the bar off. Also inside the boot are 2 plugs sort of beside the main loom that you can disconnect to either change the distance the sensors work or stop them completely when towing something. I also fitted the genuine plug and play wiring harness (got it off ebay) that has a magnetic reed switch in the plug so that it turns the sensors off when the cover is open to plug the trailer in.