Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Service - Is this okay?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Thanks guys, it confirms my suspicions. The thing is, if they hadn't tried this crap on I may have taken my car back to them time and time again in the coming years and they'd probably have made much more money overall from me in the long run.

As it is my factory warranty will run out next year and I'll then take it to the independent mechanic that I've been using for a few years. Mind you, Andyman, it's a shame you're in Nowra and not Sydney's Northern Beaches otherwise I could have given you the business.

yeah no problems, if i was you i wouldn't hesitate in giving your idependent chances are they may do a better job, give the money to the little guy too:thumbsup:,

as for the warranty if the proper log book services are done there is no reason why holden will have a problem if you get something fixed

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
I'm putting my VZ Executive in for its 30,000 service. The Holden Service Centre has quoted about $260 but they've now contacted me to suggest doing an additional power steering service at $110 and a fuel injection service at $120. They state that they always recommend these be done at every 30,000kms.

Does this all sound right or are they trying to rip me off?

$260 sounds about right. But forget the rest. fuel injection service at 30,000 k's will flush nothing but your wallet.

EvilTwin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
I had my VZ SV6 in for the 30000k service (and some warranty stuff) today at a Holden Dealer and was charged $242.90.

Rogues

Reaction score
Members Ride
Odyssey VE Calais
Swandevil,
These guys are taking you for a ride mate.............I had in excess of 48000k's up on my SV6, serviced by the book and at no time did my holden dealer recommend or intimate that these things needed doing or was recommended.
personally, I have nothing bad to say about my dealer, always helpful and kept my wheels running true but these guys of yours.........:unsure:
I would want reasons for, and exactly what they think they intend to do....
JMO
Rogues

RMXR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6 A5 & 1997 VS II A4
I recently had the 30,000 km service on the family SV6 done at my local country Holden dealer. I had done my own oil & filter change, and had not long swapped wheels front to rear, so asked that they not do the oil & filter or the tyre rotation as called for in the service book. They did the fluids, hinge and lock greases, minor adjustments, checked operation of everything on the car etc etc. Cost $68.

Gary

StevieP

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VZ SS 6L
Sorry to hijack this thread but does anyone know the sump plug size and thread gap? looking at getting one of those magnetic ones or even drain valve.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
I recently had the 30,000 km service on the family SV6 done at my local country Holden dealer. I had done my own oil & filter change, and had not long swapped wheels front to rear, so asked that they not do the oil & filter or the tyre rotation as called for in the service book. They did the fluids, hinge and lock greases, minor adjustments, checked operation of everything on the car etc etc. Cost $68.

Gary

Yeah but how will your warranty hold up if something goes wrong?

impulsesv6

Alloytec Garage
Reaction score
Members Ride
A quick Alloytec
cancelled my $290 15000km service at the holden dealer today, booket it in at autoleaders logbook service $190, cheering

Swandevil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Yeah but how will your warranty hold up if something goes wrong?

Scooter79 makes a reasonable point and this is one of the things I don't get. Exactly what is it that you're allowed to do to your car without screwing up the factory warranty? And exactly what mechanics can do service work, again without affecting warranty?

I've see a range of comments on various forums regarding this (ranging from "bugger all" to "anything as long as you use Holden parts"), anyone want to give their opinion?

RMXR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6 A5 & 1997 VS II A4
Scooter79 makes a reasonable point and this is one of the things I don't get. Exactly what is it that you're allowed to do to your car without screwing up the factory warranty? And exactly what mechanics can do service work, again without affecting warranty?

I've see a range of comments on various forums regarding this (ranging from "bugger all" to "anything as long as you use Holden parts"), anyone want to give their opinion?

The service manager had no concerns about what I had done. When they finished the service, they signed up the 30k service in the service book, so all is good.

Gary