Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Single CD to Stacker Change

rebecca22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Hello. I want to replace the stereo in my VZ with the stacker version. I thought they looked the same but looking at the back of a picture of one and the stacker wiring looks different like it has a plug on a lead rather then the connectors being built into the unit. Does anyone know if the blaupunkt stacker will slot straight in place of the standard stereo?

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Its a strait swap just make sure u have the code for the replacement unit!

Kal123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 && 180sx
I installed one of my 6 Stackers today, but it's from a Ute, and is only playing through the front speakers...

I remember reading that Holden can change the firmware on these, so it can play through all 4 speakers, is this correct?

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
yes just get holden to re-program it.

You sure? I would have thought that all units are the same... why would they have a different firmware version for the ute's? Just doesn't make sense to do that... but if that's what they did then so be it :p

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
monaro ones will have 2 anntenna sockets because of the diversity antenna in the back window

06vzcalais

Reaction score
anyone interested in purchasing a factory 6 stacker out of my vz calais would be happy to get it off my hands and into those of sumone who would appreciate it more